View Full Version : PS2 questions

450Z71_4
08-17-2006, 01:19 PM
my playstation 2 is really ****ing up right now. it will only play the discs that are purple on the back and not the ones that are like a mirror on the backside. does anybody know waht might be wrong wit it.

duke416ex
08-17-2006, 02:28 PM
I would call Sony. I know peole who they fixed their ps2 for free when they started messing up.

jrm03
08-19-2006, 08:46 PM
mines opposite. Mine will not play the blue bottoms after Sony already refurbished it once, but they did it for free. Give them a call I'm sure they will do the same. Also, they replaced the blue bottomed CD's that it scratched the hell out of. Sent a check for all of them.

08-20-2006, 12:56 AM
try to rub toothpaste on the discs and let it sit on 4 a few mins and then was off it has to be paste kind though not gel it might work it works on alot of mine

Ralph
08-20-2006, 07:28 AM
you could try doing it yourself but it is up to you. Do a search, there was a thread on it before or you could search google.

Toadz400
08-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by D6MX450R
try to rub toothpaste on the discs and let it sit on 4 a few mins and then was off it has to be paste kind though not gel it might work it works on alot of mine

I don't know if I'd try that....just doesn't sound right.

Anyway, do a search on Google for PS2 problems and eventually you'll find a write-up for how to fix the problem. I'd do it for you, but I'm just that lazy. I bought the PS2 when it first came out and eventually started having problems with watching DVD's, purple discs, black discs, and then just everything. You need to take it apart (*Caution: Voids Warranty*) and underneath where the discs sit is the laser eye, you need to adjust the white wheel to the right level for it to play everything. This takes many tries to get it just right, but I'd look up the directions for it through Google. It goes much more in depth than what I just told you.

Ruby Soho
08-20-2006, 01:24 PM
that happened to me a long time ago

what happened was so much dust gathered in the system it couldnt read anything except the mirror like cds

i called sony and they fixed it for free, but said it would cost if it happened again