PDA

View Full Version : Maglite LED bulbs

MOFO
08-17-2006, 12:45 PM
I recently purchased the new LED drop in's from Maglite for the C and D cell units.

I'm here to tell you its worth every penny of the $19! The light output is very bright and clear (not yellow like the incandecent bulbs). It also extends your battery life... I've read some reports of full light output for over 30 hours!

If you own a maglite C or D cell, I highly suggest this.

08-17-2006, 12:56 PM
sweet...i have about 5 maglites that i would like to do this to...

coolex
08-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
sweet...i have about 5 maglites that i would like to do this to...

yea ive herd of them and was skeptical to the increas ein light, i also have many. thanks

MOFO
08-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by coolex
yea ive herd of them and was skeptical to the increas ein light, i also have many. thanks

Buy one... you'll see a big increase in light output. Make sure you are buying the MAG LED 3watt bulb. Also make sure you get the right one for the number of cells you have (2,3,4...)

Brad77
08-17-2006, 02:45 PM
I agree, you can't go wrong with LED. I have a couple of the 2 AA size mags that I have bought the 3 LED conversion kit for. They work great also and the batteries last a lot longer.

GPracer2500
08-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Are these factory Maglite bulb assemblies or aftermarket? Maglite has been years behind the curve in utilizing LED technology. I like Maglite's products in general but was pulled away quite some time ago by better technologies. Maybe they're finally getting their act together??

MOFO
08-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
Are these factory Maglite bulb assemblies or aftermarket? Maglite has been years behind the curve in utilizing LED technology. I like Maglite's products in general but was pulled away quite some time ago by better technoligies. Maybe they're finally getting their act together??

Yes, they are MAGLITE LED bulbs - not aftermarket. You keep complete focus control as well. You can also buy MAGLITE flashlights with these bulbs installed from the factory.

I bought mine at Sears the other day but I have also heard that the big box stores are selling them as well (Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes...etc).

I agree, MAG has been behind the times by not jumping on the LED bandwagon. I have several LED flashlights but always liked my Maglite... its now the best of both worlds IMO.

Sure there are better LED based flashlights out there, however to get anything close to a MAG in terms of quality, your going to spend mucho $$$.

Rico400
08-17-2006, 05:37 PM
now all they need is a rechargable so u can just plug it in and not have to worry about batteries

GPracer2500
08-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Yes, they are MAGLITE LED bulbs - not aftermarket...

That's cool. I'll have to check that out. I've got a several D cell mags.

bigbadbrad
08-17-2006, 11:14 PM
how far does it throw the light out? i have an led conversion for my aa one and the thing i do not like about it is that it does not project light out very far., and that it is not an adjustable beam.

MOFO
08-18-2006, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
how far does it throw the light out? i have an led conversion for my aa one and the thing i do not like about it is that it does not project light out very far., and that it is not an adjustable beam.

Just as far as the incandecent bulb in the maglite - if you focus it right, it goes pretty damn far!

NorCalRacer
08-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Rico400
now all they need is a rechargable so u can just plug it in and not have to worry about batteries

They have it, about $80. They never caught on too much because people would only use them for a few minutes before putting them on the charger giving the battery an incredibly short life. If you drain them all the way before you charge them however, they work pretty good. Thanks for the tipo MOFO, I got a couple dead mag's I'll go retrofit.:D