PDA

View Full Version : jareds250r.com Project Thread

jarednfischer
08-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Whats up guys. I am finally starting my own thread here for my quad. I should have started this a long time ago when I started my 250R Build. It has come a long way from the beginning... I have tried to take lots of pictures.

Currently the webpage is about 2 days behind, and the modifications list is actually short a couple of parts, but for the most part it is complete...

As of last night, I have the entire bottom end rebuilt again FINALLY. For those of you who have ever had a case powdercoated you are aware of how much work it is to get brand new bearings and seals as well as tearing everything down and back up again. I also just got the carrier back up and running.

Tonight after work I am going to put the top end together hopefully as well as putting the front suspension back together including the steering stem and other things.

So anyways check it all out and let me know what you think. Even though I am buying a brand new house (signing friday), Its been the only thing on my mind for the last couple weeks as it gets closer to being running again.

I am hoping to have it done by Saturday afternoon. My brother and a ton of other people are going down to Sand Lake and I intend on joining them. If you are going to Sand Lake as well you should swing by and say hello. I have a black with silver 99 Dodge Dakota.

jarednfischer
08-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Oh yeah, just in case you didn't notice the subject line...

My website with all the pictures, mods and everything is at :

Link to Jareds250R.com (http://www.jareds250r.com)

707trx250r
08-17-2006, 06:53 PM
That looks like an awsome build. I just finished rebuilding my entire bike. Isn't it a lot of fun.I am now rebuilding my engine,with a new top end A CT Racing 350 power valve..
I saw you got the esr air filter kit, I had one and didn't like it. The fit was bad and it isn't even a k&n filter.If you have the stock box I would run it. I run one with hinson support rings a K&N filter and outerwares. It is a much better set up, and it doesn't fall off :eek2:
Again nice build and I was Just stating my personal thoughts on the intake. If it helps at all

Adam

TheFontMaster
08-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Lookin good man. I'm in the same situation as you right now too. I built my 250r from the frame up, then 6 months later blew the motor, so the thing is totaly apart getting another rebuild. Good luck with gettin it done by the weekend, I wanna see what she's gonna look like.

707trx250r
08-18-2006, 08:37 AM
I had te same thing. I rebuilt my bike and not the motor. I didn't have the funds to do both at the same time. But then the motor blwe after a ride so I bought the 350pv and am rebuilding the bottom end.:macho

flying dutchman
08-18-2006, 09:16 AM
is this an mx or xc oriented 250r rebuild?:)

elchankoblanko
08-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Nice site man, That thing is going to look sick when its all together

jarednfischer
08-18-2006, 03:32 PM
I have the stock box/K&N/Outwears right now, I may change it if I dont like it. -- I too was a little upset when the kit came -- A little bad on ESR's Part, however the exhuast flange i got from them looks great!

This build isnt really MX or XC based, just playing around in the sand based and hill climbing and screwing around with my buddies based :-) I have no intentions of ever competing or anything either.

jarednfischer
08-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Update -

I just picked up all the missing parts and the bike SHOULD be fully functional by tonight. The entire engine is built. By the way - does anyone know if the clutch lever that is spring loaded should be difficult to move? It seems really stiff, and I havent put the clutch cover on yet because of it. I am not sure why it would be so stiff, but maybe it is supposed to be that way?

Anyways I have the front suspension all on, so the only things left are cables/electronics/hubs and mounting the engine. I am thinking that this stuff will not take very long.

Anyone have any good ideas for lighting? I was somewhat thinking about doing a 450R headlight tucked under the front lip of the new plastics?!?!

C-LEIGH RACING
08-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Yes, it should be realy hard to move the lever on the engine by hand.
Neil

atvmxr
08-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Ok I have rebuilt 2 years and most people on this thread have too. After approaching 20 years, how many "stock" R's are left out there without at least a performance change, :macho .....

D Bergstrom
08-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by jarednfischer

Anyone have any good ideas for lighting? I was somewhat thinking about doing a 450R headlight tucked under the front lip of the new plastics?!?!

This is what I use for lights on my 250R.:D

Doug

noissesboyobyal
08-20-2006, 05:30 PM
you can do them like mine... i bought a pair of quadtech look alike lights and mounted one to each side of my plastics... check it out.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/noissesboyobyalp/quads6-1.jpg