PDA

View Full Version : Best exhaust

Trx250rider86
08-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Whats the best full system exhaust. I dont care what the price is or how it looks. Im looking for best performance, after jetted.

underpowered
08-17-2006, 10:57 AM
best is a matter of opinion. The Sparks X-6 is great, teh HMF slip on with the FMF powerbomb is great, Yosh makes a good full system, the Duncan fat boy 4 is pretty good, Bills thunder series is good, Pro Circuit makes some good stuff. most are good pipes, depends on which power characterists you are looking for and like best. i would suggest teh HMF/FMF combo or the sparks

PismoLocal
08-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by underpowered
best is a matter of opinion. The Sparks X-6 is great, teh HMF slip on with the FMF powerbomb is great, Yosh makes a good full system, the Duncan fat boy 4 is pretty good, Bills thunder series is good, Pro Circuit makes some good stuff. most are good pipes, depends on which power characterists you are looking for and like best. i would suggest teh HMF/FMF combo or the sparks

Just out of pure curiousity why do you recomend the HMF with the FMF head pipe but not the HMF full system?

underpowered
08-17-2006, 11:25 AM
the HMF header is not known to have the best flow. alot of people run the HMF slip on with other headers. i know teh HMF/FMF is popular for the 400ex. and the HMF/White Bros. is a popular combo for the 300ex. the FMF header just flows better than the HMF header does.

-copyguy-
08-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Also, if you just buy the HMF slip on and decide to get their header later you have to send the exhaust back to have its connector widened to match up to the pipe.

The FMF uses the standard diameter pipe to connect to the exhaust.

Franky G
08-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Yoshimura his among the best pipes for the 400EX. I have one and I like it !

400exroost
08-17-2006, 04:17 PM
you might want to look into nmotion pipes, they are supposed to be great in the mid and high range, and still pretty good in the low end. Crazy loud though:devil:

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2007, 11:06 AM
i know this post is REALLY old, but i have to throw in, i love my DMC Alien, it sounds sick too!!!

Jimford
08-19-2007, 06:04 AM
I have a WB e-series and love it. I read the dirtwheels pipe shotout for the 400ex a while ago. The e-series out performed the other pipes. But not by a huge margain. I love the pipe. It has a cool sound and isnt too loud. I dont understand why people want loud pipes?? It seems like everyone has HMF pipes on there 400's though. I guess they work well also! Good luck!!

81 clark racing
08-19-2007, 06:55 AM
imo best pipe 4 the ex is curtis sparks, procircuit, and hmf