PDA

View Full Version : How to reduce arm pump

DEVINF450R
08-17-2006, 09:15 AM
I race MX and my first two laps are fast, then i get throttle thumb and some arm pump and I just cant go as fast. what are the best ways to reduce fatigue...Diet, drinks, exercise? and of course the parts that people have found to put on the quad that helps too.

Xplocivic
08-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Make sure your throttle is well lubed, the pivot point inside and the cable, that will help with the thumb some. And a steering stabilizer is always nice for arm pump.

DEVINF450R
08-17-2006, 11:06 AM
i will make sure I do that...what do you lube them with?? it is an 05 and I have never lubed the cable

zeppelin
08-17-2006, 06:02 PM
the best cure i have found... and this includes different work outs for the forearms... is just to take like two asprin about 30 minutes before you ride, this thins your blood out and prevents it from building up in your arms..

Xplocivic
08-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by DEVINF450R
i will make sure I do that...what do you lube them with?? it is an 05 and I have never lubed the cable

I got a bottle of molybdum (sp?) cable lube, it came with a long thin needle that goes into the cable and you squirt it in and work the cable. It works OK, or you can get a cable lube tool from Motion Pro (about $12) and then use aresol lube like chain lube or even WD40.