PDA

View Full Version : Night Ride at Dumont on 8/12/06

yfz450admirer
08-17-2006, 08:20 AM
The night ride was awesome. The hill was lit up and there were starting lights. The temperature was great from 7:00 on when we got there. My 05 was trading wins with 06's and beating plenty of yfz's. There were some pretty fast LTR's, but I don't recall being beaten by any. The Fat Boy pipe and the FCR carb really woke things up on my machine. The GT Thunder XC linkage and triple rate front shocks gave a smooth ride. The only problem I had was losing a head pipe nut which led to my machine spitting fire out of the muffler which ended my ride after about 2 hours I have since replaced the nut and it looks like everything is cool with the machine). After the ride, I was actually glad I kept my 05 and didn't sell it to obtain an 06.

Quadster450
08-18-2006, 06:37 PM
cool. i was gonna go but couldn't due to other things going on. Never been at night...last time i was there was spring break and it was already getting too hot - can't wait for the cooler weather!!

WoofersInc
08-20-2006, 10:41 PM
I hear you. Not much longer and Dumont will be back up and running. Went to Armagosa today and it wasn't to bad. At noon it had only gotten up to 92.

yfz450admirer
08-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Weather was definitely not a problem from 7:00 PM on when I was there.

Quadster450
08-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by WoofersInc
I hear you. Not much longer and Dumont will be back up and running. Went to Armagosa today and it wasn't to bad. At noon it had only gotten up to 92.

Nice. I was at Apex a couple weeks ago, got there early and it was pretty nice, but by noon we were outta there - close to 100 degrees and the place was mostly empty

WoofersInc
08-22-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm not a big fan of Apex. I'm a nurse here in Vegas and you would not believe the number of riders I see from that place. To many whooped out sections and to much rocks for any fast riding.
I prefer to stick to the sand. Hurts less when you come off the bike.

Quadster450
08-25-2006, 06:48 PM
no offense, but have you really explored that place? it's got a lot of terrain changes, no doubt, but you can catch the old mint 400 track that takes you north all the way up towards logandale, you can really open it up...it does have areas that will challenge your abilities...you definately have to ride smart. i agree though, sand is much softer and i would take a dune anyday!!

WoofersInc
08-26-2006, 11:24 AM
No offense taken. I would much rather take the ride and just start off in Logandale itself. I've actually hit quite a bit of Apex. Have ridden some trails all the way down to close to Lake Mead.
Just to many weekend warriors out there riding without knowing what they are doing. I'm out to have fun when I ride, not work my butt off. Shows I'm getting old.