PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on pipes

mickey400ex
08-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Im gonna be ordering some pipes here in a few days and i was thinking, im either going with the t6 or fmf sst's, are they any noticeable power between the 2? and also with pipes and a filter how would i stand up against 450's, ds's, and raptors in drag races on pavement?

firefighterjosh
08-16-2006, 10:38 PM
I put T6 Pipes on my shee with Vito Power pistons and I could beat all stock Rs (Including HRC) and Yamis. I love them. They have good low end power too. The sounds was incredible, sounded like a 19,000rpm 4 - stroke. I then added all the mods listed below like delta reeds, adjustible timing plate. and after that I could beat all really bad.

I have a set of T-6 For sale I can send you a pic if you want. They have a little rust and one tiny dent from my boot. It peed me off. I have them for sale @ $300. They are chrome and look good but if you look at them close you can see speckeld rust.

Mxjunkie
08-19-2006, 06:24 AM
2 into 1 is probaly the best choice for low end ( dyno port, moto sport, dmc )

as far as reg pipes, ( cpi, fmf, toomey, lrd and trinity )

I have fmf fattys and I wish they were sst's.. The sst is hands down the best 2 stroke pipe fmf has to offer IMO. I ran a sst on my cr80 and absolutely loved it.

bansheexcracer2
08-19-2006, 03:39 PM
I have DG's on mine and i like them. I also have a 2 into 1 DYNOPORT I would sell for $350.

madden
08-19-2006, 10:02 PM
I have SSTs on mine with no complaints. I would have got T5s but FMF is easier to get up here. You would like watever pipe you got if you have the old twisted up stockers now!:)

mickey400ex
08-20-2006, 12:48 AM
i guess i will let my wife choose and suprise me for an anniversary present:D

broke
08-20-2006, 01:33 PM
If you plan on porting, both will be poor choices. They both are meant to work with stock port timing. That is one of the reasons everyone swears by them on stock motors. If you plan to step it up in the future, look at others. T5s, CPI, PTRs, etc.

Both of the ones you suggested will give comparable gains.

Dinner
09-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Yes T6's respond well to nothing to mild work engines. T5's respond better with modded engines(port work, etc). Someone said they have DG's further up, do not get those, they hardly even make any noticable power. I used to have them and got rid of them.