PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever ridden in Harlan Co. KY?

Backseatrider L
08-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Just interested to see if anyone has ever ridden in Harlan Co. Kentucky at the Black Mountain Recreation Park located in Evarts, KY.
The trails are really great. Something for everyone from easy to extreme and all the trails are marked according to how difficult they are. It is FREE. No permits, or riding fees.
The little town of Evarts is ATV friendly, meaning you may ride your ATV to the restaurants, get gas, stores or anywhere else in town as long as you obey the laws.
The people are the best in the world. You will be treated like family and make you feel welcome. Everyone wants you to have a happy and enjoyable stay and to keep coming back again and again.
There are two RV and tent camping areas. They are also FREE.
The electricity is FREE and water is FREE. This is one way the town wants you to know you are welcome.
The ATV nation ride was held in Evarts June 24 and also the world's record for most ATV's in a parade was broken.
If you have been to Evarts to ride, then you know how great it is.
If you haven't been to Evarts to ride, well, all I can say is you just don't know what you are missing.
Make plans to come to Evarts and ride the trails, meet the people, and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

susiemelindy
08-19-2006, 07:08 AM
Hi backseater, here's some reviews I found on the net to further what you have said here.

"This is the most awesome place you'll ever go to ride and meet the nicest people. It's not just the riding that you'll report about. You'll also report about that great Southern hopsitality in Evarts!! We've only been to Harlan on 2 occasions but wish we could go more often. There's every kind of ride you can imagine from easy to moderate to extreme. So there's something for everyone to enjoy!! When you're leaving, you'll be going through your calendar to see when you can come back."

"When you go to harlan county, you'll think you've died and went to ATV heaven. This is the most ATV friendly place on earth. The people are GREAT, the trails are GREAT, the scenery is beautiful, and it's FREE. What else could you ask for?? TRY IT--YOU'LL LOVE IT !!!"

"I can't wait till July !!! I've wanted to go for awhile now."

Harlan County Kentucky is #1

Here is an Article that ATVA did. Click on the link in my first post.
http://www.lincolncountrytrailriders.com/forums/index.php? showtopic=2773&hl=

Here is a link to a little write up I did about our trip to Harlan on Memorial day weekend 2005.

http://www.lincolncountrytrailriders.com/forums/index.php? act=ST&f=6&t=3287&st=0#entry64586

You will not be disappointed. The people of this area are "A #1"

Originally posted by Backseatrider L
Just interested to see if anyone has ever ridden in Harlan Co. Kentucky at the Black Mountain Recreation Park located in Evarts, KY.
The trails are really great. Something for everyone from easy to extreme and all the trails are marked according to how difficult they are. It is FREE. No permits, or riding fees.
The little town of Evarts is ATV friendly, meaning you may ride your ATV to the restaurants, get gas, stores or anywhere else in town as long as you obey the laws.
The people are the best in the world. You will be treated like family and make you feel welcome. Everyone wants you to have a happy and enjoyable stay and to keep coming back again and again.
There are two RV and tent camping areas. They are also FREE.
The electricity is FREE and water is FREE. This is one way the town wants you to know you are welcome.
The ATV nation ride was held in Evarts June 24 and also the world's record for most ATV's in a parade was broken.
If you have been to Evarts to ride, then you know how great it is.
If you haven't been to Evarts to ride, well, all I can say is you just don't know what you are missing.
Make plans to come to Evarts and ride the trails, meet the people, and enjoy the beautiful scenery.