PDA

View Full Version : "" NW duners need info""

Hondaboy007
08-16-2006, 08:51 PM
what has you guys heard about christmas valley, or...........worth going? paddles or knobbies? hills or flat ground? camping or rough'n it? any info is cool.............

QuadJunkies
08-17-2006, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Hondaboy007
what has you guys heard about christmas valley, or...........worth going? paddles or knobbies? hills or flat ground? camping or rough'n it? any info is cool.............

Check your PM :)

Rico400
08-21-2006, 02:03 PM
BUMP
yes i would like to know some info on this also. were thinking about planning a trip there

schmidthouse
08-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I live about 2 hours from Xmas valley. I ride there about 2 or 3 times a month. Dunes are spread out over 11,000 acres. They consist of alot of low dunes and the highest is about 60-80 feet. Between the dunes are low spots, kind of hardpan and sage brush. I use sand stars for paddles out there. Go on week days and you can have the place to yourself. Right next to the dunes is a place called Lost Forest. (apprx 8,000 acres) Kind of pines forest out in the middle of nowhere. They have portable toilets set up in a couple of places. No camping services, just dry camping. The road out there is alot of washboards, but usually in good shape. Hope to see you out there sometime.

Hondaboy007
08-23-2006, 09:19 PM
thanks schmidtty, thats the best info i have gotten so far, and i will see you out there pretty soon i promise, but as far as hill climbs or jumps that is not the best place to go then huh......

schmidthouse
08-24-2006, 07:59 PM
They have alot of jumps. They are every where. Hill climbs are a different story. The highest one is about 80 feet high. Whole lot of fun but you could climb it with an old blaster. There are some steep ones that you can not hit hard at the base or you bottom out. I have a 2006 450er and it will climb them all. You can see antelope running across the dunes, not something you see everyday. Have fun and see you out there.

JOEX
08-24-2006, 08:23 PM
This is a place i'd like to check out too. I've heard it isn't that great as a destination spot but i'd still like to go and form my own opinion:)

Got any pics schmidthouse?

schmidthouse
08-26-2006, 06:45 PM
There is a new web site christmasvalleysanddunes.com. Has about 50 pictures. Hope it helps.

JOEX
08-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by schmidthouse
There is a new web site christmasvalleysanddunes.com. Has about 50 pictures. Hope it helps.
Thanks!:)