PDA

View Full Version : will the 07 bars fit the 05?

redlineranger
08-16-2006, 08:42 PM
i got the 05 yfz and i was wondering if the 07 handlebars would fit the clamps to the 05.. the stock 05's suck, and i was at the dealership the other day and seen that the 07's come with Pro Tapers. (didnt know that, learn something new everyday i guess)

another question. what is this oil mod thing that i see people talking about? do i need to do it? i race like once a month, and go for practice 2 or 3 times a month. and then do just normal riding around the house. keep the oil changed regularly. but anyways is the oil mod necessary for me. like i said i race once a month and go out there and do a couple practice's and then just put around this field here at my house.

K_Fulk
08-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Any aftermarket 7/8 bars will fit, they don't have to be pro tapers. You can get 1 1/8 bars to fit also if you get the conversion clamp.

The oil mod is a mod that squirts oil onto the wristpin, I wouldn't worry about doing it unless you had your bottom end apart for some reason.

redlineranger
08-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
Any aftermarket 7/8 bars will fit, they don't have to be pro tapers. You can get 1 1/8 bars to fit also if you get the conversion clamp.

The oil mod is a mod that squirts oil onto the wristpin, I wouldn't worry about doing it unless you had your bottom end apart for some reason.

thanks bro. i forgot to ask in the last post, but what bend should i get? or does it matter?

YFZ450Ridr
08-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
thanks bro. i forgot to ask in the last post, but what bend should i get? or does it matter?

i just got some fly atv high bars. they are a 14 degree sweep. much taller and comfier than the stock ones i had! a fine replacement until i can get some flexx.

K_Fulk
08-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Tag has bends for most popular sport quads. In the 7/8 x5 series, or you could get a mx bike bend if you want a straighter bar.