PDA

View Full Version : ex question on lacks of top speed

ridfastorbelast
08-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey id like to know whats going.... last time i was running my quad everything was good... today just went for a ride... oil was leaking... from base gasket... from the clutch:S:S weird... and i dunno top speed REALLY wasnt the same... i dunno i think i might have blew my rings... but i dont know just need so help if someone can

thx

sry for bad grammar im french

Wheelie
08-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Check the compression and valve clearances. Worst case it'll give you a foundation to work off of.

ridfastorbelast
08-16-2006, 08:35 PM
alright thank... yee i know i need to ajust my valve,it weird.. when i left there was white smoke for about 3mile after it stop:S kinda weird and always smell oils... i ride it pretty ruff... but just want to know what going on lol thx

krt400ex
08-16-2006, 08:37 PM
i think ur prolly lookin at a rebuild. and u might have a blown base gasket. when was the last time u got ur top end rebuilt?? if it was a while ago, that is prolly the culprit

ridfastorbelast
08-16-2006, 08:42 PM
welll dont think i need to rebuilt motor has 6month....i jsut think ring are done.. or like the base gasket like u say... i ride it pretty hard and.. always at top speed.... wat all do will ajsut the valve.. check de gasket and try if there a difference... but i jsut bought a jet kit it my 3third ride with the my quad .. but i dunno if i should put another main jet in... right now i have dj 142 ( WB slipn on)

DEAL
08-16-2006, 11:07 PM
If your riding wide open all the time, no matter what you do .. you will continue to have problems.
I had a 400ex I raced for 3 years, even with a built motor.. didn't have a single problem .. sold it to some kid who rides it wide open all the time, hes had it less than a year and blown it up 3 times.

ridfastorbelast
08-18-2006, 09:41 PM
i think i found the problem.. when i put my jet kit in.... ive but dj 142... and im supposed to put dj146.. will put that in tomorow see if it make a difenrence.. will let u guys know

thx anyways