PDA

View Full Version : high and low speed worth it?

eganracing
08-16-2006, 04:23 PM
alright, so i race mx and im looking into purchasing a new elka rear dual rate elite series shock with the pro dual linkage and i cant decide if its worth spending the extra money for the high and low speed adjustment or if the basic rebound and compression adjusters would be fine?

SwainRacing
08-16-2006, 06:21 PM
I use them in XC and love the ajustability for the different terrian we encounter. I do a little MXing for play and I only adjust the high side when doing the MX, but the low side I just leave alone. In the last XC race I had the low a little to stiff and just leaned over during the race and softened them up. I know this would not be easy to do during a MX race, but you could do this during a practice run, and be set up for the race.

Sorry I just saw you were talking about the rear shock.

I also have it on the rear shock and again only adjust the high side when MXing.

f1502nv
08-16-2006, 07:03 PM
if your doing mx its well worth it...example if you hisiding in the cornners you adjust your hi/low speed compression you dont have to touch your ride hight it works great...

eganracing
08-16-2006, 08:17 PM
alright thanks guys. i just wanted to hear from some real people about how the shock performed. anybody else is welcome to post.

kbass24emtp
08-17-2006, 09:27 AM
I have both the linkage and the elite shock and you will love it. It has taken everything I could throw at it. I'm still fine tuning them, but I love them. Just make sure you give whoever you are buying the shocks from every bit of info about your quad (Tire and wheel size, swingarm length, type of riding and class you run etc). I ordered mine though DeRisi Racing and they were set up perfect out of the box.

eganracing
08-18-2006, 01:11 PM
well i ordered the elite shock with linkage yesterday. i sure hope its worth all the cash i spent on it. i bet it will be great based on your guys input.

kbass24emtp
08-18-2006, 02:52 PM
You will not be disapointed. I've come up short a few times on jumps and the shock and link took it just fine.

Dave400ex
08-18-2006, 06:18 PM
I like mine. I've only rode it a few times with the shocks so I haven't adjusted them yet, but they seem to work pretty well now. The rear linkage makes a HUGE difference.