PDA

View Full Version : HMF or LRD...decision time

440_Turtle
08-16-2006, 02:33 PM
My buddy wants to get a full exhaust for his bike ASAP and he can get either by this wekeend. I tried to do a search but WTF is up with teh 4 letter minimum??? anyway which one makes more power, and will hold up longer. Ive heard of the LRD ceramic coating chipping off after only a few hours, any truth to this? Also ive heard that teh LRD is possibly the best soundin exhaust for the 400 but have never personally heard one myself. anyway any input would be appreciated.

okbeast
08-16-2006, 03:05 PM
LRD is suppose to be one of the best exhausts performance-wise you can buy but I also heard stories of them not being the best built which is why I bought a Sparks.

PismoLocal
08-16-2006, 03:11 PM
I like the LRD, It looks cool. I also like that fact that they advertise with dyno sheets. I believe that they are both great exhausts but I would buy the LRD because it looks cool and less people run them. I bet the horsepower differences between the two aren't even noticable. I think its more of a personal preference choice though.

440_Turtle
08-17-2006, 08:32 PM
thanks for the input,Well he decided to go with the LRD. Shoudl be here tomorrow morning round noon. I cant wait to see if this thing makes the power they say it does. Hes stepping up from a ragged white bros slip on so we should hopefully see some real gains with proper jetting.

lightning_2000
08-18-2006, 08:53 PM
i love my lrd