PDA

View Full Version : i might be in trouble... help please!

standardryder
08-16-2006, 02:16 PM
ok, a few weeks ago i raced unadilla and it wasnt very friendly to my quad. first the chain came off and bound up in the sprocket, (but didnt put a hole in the case) then i crashed pretty good. and ever since then whenever my quad is in gear, any gear, and the clutch is all the way out my oil light comes on. if the clutch is barely pulled in the light wont come on, it also wont do it in neutral. i dunno whats up with it. i did an oil change before the race and when i got home it was only reading half on the dipstick. anybody have an idea what my problem might be?

tye101
08-16-2006, 04:14 PM
lol, i didn't know the yfz has an oil light,,,, it has neutral *green* and water temp over heat*red!*

standardryder
08-16-2006, 05:30 PM
really? i thought it was oil pressure or something. but still any idea why this would be happening?

theTman
08-16-2006, 05:38 PM
yeah red is overheat...i forgot all about that

pnut420
08-16-2006, 11:25 PM
When you crashed it might have messed with your wiring. Make sure you have plenty of coolant in it.

standardryder
08-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by pnut420
When you crashed it might have messed with your wiring. Make sure you have plenty of coolant in it.

thats what i was thinking, because it does it when its cold. so it cant be overheating if its just started. and my coolant is full.