PDA

View Full Version : +1 swing arm

jokester
08-16-2006, 12:33 AM
I know this is probably a stupid question, but anyway, how much of a difference would getting a +1 swingarm make, could I still do wheelies pretty easy with this? I'm wanting to know because I can get a kick a** deal on a lonestar. Also can you tell me if there is any other parts I would need to buy to set this swingarm up... Please reply as soon as possible!!!

underpowered
08-16-2006, 05:43 AM
it makes a huge difference. yes you can still wheelie, but it will be a little more difficult to get up and find the ballence point. i got mine and did not notice much of a difference. but once you ride a bike with a stock swingarm again you realize just how much of a difference there is.

as for other parts you would need, may want to replace teh swingarm bearings but other than that you should have everything.

Xplocivic
08-16-2006, 05:51 AM
I've found that when going with an extended arm, its not really worth it to go anything less then 2". Thats just my opinion.

jokester
08-16-2006, 11:26 AM
well I was thinking the 1in because I can get a brand ne lone star racing one for 350, and they say its normally 750 so I thought it would be really hard for me to pass up a deal like this

400exrider0004
08-16-2006, 11:57 AM
definately buy it for that price and if you change your mind sell it and you will get more than what you payed for.