PDA

View Full Version : kick start doesn't work

ms400ex
08-15-2006, 09:23 PM
I fixed my bike and got it running about 2wks ago I rode it 3 times and accidently put straight gas in it. I didn 't mess up the engine so drained the gas tank mix the oil and fuel put it back in and it woulnd't start off a kick but my neighbor pulled me and it fired up in 2nd or 3rd (only gears I tried) but anyway it fired up ran fine but If I dont keep reving the motor it will cut off normal I guess but it still won't start off the kick starter sorry so long a post but had to ginve detailed desreption of my problem my bike is a 1989 honda 250r. thanks for all your help

zedicus00
08-16-2006, 06:48 AM
does the kick starter still spin the engine over but just cant start it like that?

if so do a compression check. i bet it comes back pretty low.

ms400ex
08-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Yes it truns the engine over but what I think is gone bad is my spark plug I'm going to change that and see if that works but I dont belive my compression is low

ms400ex
08-18-2006, 07:23 PM
I've changed my spark plug and still no start off of kick i'm going to try and get my compression checked along with electrical system and make sure there are no shorts in the system if there is anything else you can think of let me know.