PDA

View Full Version : noo

braap450r12
08-15-2006, 07:53 PM
if you are interested in buying a ltz/kfx 400, and plan on racing. STOP. never ever get one if your gonna race unless you plan on dumpin some serious $$ in it. when i first started racing i had an 03 z400. the thing would literally be falling apart on the track. tension plate snaped every moto and i used to have to order extras. frame snapped even with a gusset kit on there. bent sub frame. bent axle. the whole stock chain tension system went to hell. i ended up cutting out steal plates instead of ordering thos cheap *** cast aluminum ones. the plastics come apart everytime you ride aggresive. i had nothing but problems.

firefighterjosh
08-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by braap450r12
if you are interested in buying a ltz/kfx 400, and plan on racing. STOP. never ever get one if your gonna race unless you plan on dumpin some serious $$ in it. when i first started racing i had an 03 z400. the thing would literally be falling apart on the track. tension plate snaped every moto and i used to have to order extras. frame snapped even with a gusset kit on there. bent sub frame. bent axle. the whole stock chain tension system went to hell. i ended up cutting out steal plates instead of ordering thos cheap *** cast aluminum ones. the plastics come apart everytime you ride aggresive. i had nothing but problems.

You must be doing something very worng cuz I have seen lots of Zs and KFXs race and no problems

YFZ450Ridr
08-15-2006, 08:30 PM
03s are notorious for problems..frames, axle, cam chain, and a few other things i might be missing. i have had all 3 of the problems i mentioned with my old 03..

Tri-valleyracin
08-15-2006, 10:45 PM
i race a 03 z400 and it runs fine and i can hang with the 450s and its mostly stock besides stage 1 cams, a slip on pipe, and spacers. i have had no problens with anything beside it over heated in a mud race.

mx1791
08-15-2006, 11:12 PM
z400s suck for mx, and they're to tall/high, even with suspention, it fust feels tall and big. i love my z, but i regret getting it, and today my dad has the balls to ask me why didnt i get an ltr :confused: i felt bad enough about making him buy me my second new quad in a nine month period, i guess i kno wut im asking for my next b-day:blah: :D

firefighterjosh
08-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by mx1791
z400s suck for mx, and they're to tall/high, even with suspention, it fust feels tall and big. i love my z, but i regret getting it, and today my dad has the balls to ask me why didnt i get an ltr :confused: i felt bad enough about making him buy me my second new quad in a nine month period, i guess i kno wut im asking for my next b-day:blah: :D

U love you Z but you regret getting it? Hows that work?:huh

mx1791
08-16-2006, 02:01 AM
its a weird thing, i do love my quad, but if i could do it again, i wouldnt, i mainly love my quad becouse the memories i have with it, a lot of good ones, a lot of bad ones, so i do love it, and for the little bit of mods i do have on it, its all what i want, it makes it mine, you know, but i kinda wish i could do it all over and get and ltr or a yfz...

firefighterjosh
08-16-2006, 02:19 AM
I know what your are saying. I love my banshee but I am getting rid of it to get a 4x4.

indyZrider
08-16-2006, 04:56 AM
thats funny! hope you guys dont buy a first year ltr then cause they are cracking frames to. 03 was the first year for the Z and naturally there problems to be worked out. just like the ltr's. now they know what they need to fix to make them better. you guys should know, NEVER buy a first year quad.

PeeWee21
08-16-2006, 12:06 PM
05 z400
hmf slip-on, dyno jet kit, maier race cut plastic-white, douglas bead locks, 18 in. kenda claws, 20 in razr mx's up front, omf air scoops, renthal bars, scott grips, iron cross bumper, tusk nerfs, k and k number plates, redbull can rezzies =]

That's right there ^^^^ is what your calling an mx Z? It's nothing but a Z with mx tires! Throw some LT +3's, Elka LT Shocks,and good swinger and rear shock and THEN you'll have a MILD mx quad. You'll lower the ride height and it'll handle like a dream. Your virtually running a stock Z with mx tires and half of an exhaust!!!! Don't get on here and make BOLD statements like that, you should have done your homework before mx'ing a trail quad!!!!!!:rolleyes:

indyZrider
08-16-2006, 01:22 PM
get him PEEWEE! :macho

PeeWee21
08-16-2006, 01:32 PM
LOL I don't mean to p!!ss anyone off but that by far is NO mx quad. Get LT stuff on it and a fast 434 or 450 kit and then dog them, chances are that you won't. Until then, don't take a sport bike with mx tires and call it a mx quad.....because it is far from it.

yellowzo3
08-16-2006, 01:48 PM
im not too tall...i tried to make my Z sit as low as i could and its still pretty tall for me. i sat on an ltr the other day and the quad itself feels much narrower and easier to move around. (obviously its a totally different quad but still...) ...if i had the choice i also would have chosen a different quad to setup for mx but at the time the z400 was the only one out. (i have an 03 model) ...but i have to say i do like my quad and even though i too would like to upgrade, its hard to think about getting rid of something i put my time and money in to make it my own. but sure if you want an mx ready quad go buy an ltr. thats why theyre thousands of dollars more than a z400. z400's are great quads and if you race your obviously going to have problems. oh and braap450r12....even aftermarket parts like axles break so dont expect a stock one to hold up to mx racing. sorry about the problems you had though:ermm:

braap450r12
08-17-2006, 09:02 AM
PEE WEE--------like i said. if you put that much money into your 03 z/kfx you will have a good mx'r. you obviously did put a lot of money in your quad.

the point of this thread was to inform the people that are looking at used 03's that if they plan on racing. get ready to put some serious money down. basically im saying..buy a 450r. you'll be better off.

z4evr
08-17-2006, 11:35 AM
If your gonna insult an mx z at least have one lol. I mean of course it's going to sit too high stock! Put some a arms and axle and all on it and it will be as low as any other mx atv.

http://f10.putfile.com/thumb/7/20021014281.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3063109)

My z sits plenty low for me!

mx1791
08-17-2006, 10:36 PM
mines not an mx z, i never said it was. i kno my quad is stock. and i just got the quad like 4 months ago, so i dont have many parts on it yet. my friend dan cap had an mx z, and it was still big and tall feeling, it may be couse im small but they just always feel tall. i like the quad, they just seem so big. i want suspension but i feel like its goin to be pointless, im goin to get a arms and an axle to start, maybe that will help, if not, ill try shocks too, and if it does come out good for me ill keep the quad, i guess shocks that are set up for my waight would feel better than other ppls quads that are set up for heavier people. but i still think z's are better trail quads

kawi_kfx13
08-18-2006, 08:46 AM
u can race Z's i see them all the damn time ... ya som pry r just used 4 trail riding...but if u no how to ride u can race a Z... i no som of them have bad parts like frame and all...ive seen about 5 kfx's bend in half cuz the frame breaks...alot of it is usualy the rider cuz they land so wierd....when theres a gap jump u should usualy clear it no land on the back side of it..lol i d k... thats how i see most of them doin it... i thnk z's can race just as good as any other quad...mite have to spend a lil cash but thats part of racing.. and some tracks are harder then others...harder to drive on and harder on the quad...so if u break it atleast u no ur beatin the **** out of it having a good time...its all in the sport...my KFX has a few probs now and then nothing u can do about it

braap450r12
08-19-2006, 11:32 AM
kawi_kfx13

Dude the point of this thread is that dont race an 03' z400 unless you plan on putting a lot of money into it.....
--------------------------------------

WE ALL know you can race a z after going out and spending a ton for performance parts.....

what a pointless post man