PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Horror Stories

Chino886
08-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Let's hear them:

Boy do I have a good one, I just spent $320 on 4.....that's right 4 packages at the UPS store on ATV parts!

Boy am I ticked off! :mad: But I am a man of my word and will not ask my buyers for more moolah! :grr: Oh well, you live and you learn! :ermm:

PismoLocal
08-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Yep I just got screwed too check out my thread it is "United states postal service" in this forum.

Pappy
08-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Lets see.....

Lets see...semi rolled over crushing a frame. Customer didnt pay for insurance so I redid the frame and repaired and reshipped it at my expense

thats the biggest horror story in almost 5 years of shipping parts....lets hope that stays that way

Chino886
08-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Lets see.....

Lets see...semi rolled over crushing a frame. Customer didnt pay for insurance so I redid the frame and repaired and reshipped it at my expense

thats the biggest horror story in almost 5 years of shipping parts....lets hope that stays that way

I knew you would have me beat, WTF does $44 dollars in packing materials look like? I could of went to the store and bought $20 worth of dirty diapers to stick in the $11 dollar f-ing box!

Boy, I am just venting now!!!!!

Pappy
08-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Uline just delivered $400 worth of foam and bubble wrap. Thats a twice a month expense here.

It runs me around $40 to package a frame and sub frame

08-15-2006, 05:48 PM
lets see.....ups decided that my fullbores werent worth being careful with....so they got dropped and ran over by something so when i got them they were all mangled up in a crushed box...needless to say ups paid for this mistake..and now i have a new set of lakers...i didnt like the looks of the fullbores....even crushed...lol

Scro
08-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Fedex Freight completely lost a $7000 refrigerator at work. 7 months later, we received the fridge back at our store in perfect condition. Nobody knows where it was for that 7 months though...lol. It was going to the Gulf Coast, and it was during the time of hurricane Katrina, so we figured it was being held down there somewhere because of the diseases and stuff.

firefighterjosh
08-16-2006, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
Let's hear them:

Boy do I have a good one, I just spent $320 on 4.....that's right 4 packages at the UPS store on ATV parts!

Boy am I ticked off! :mad: But I am a man of my word and will not ask my buyers for more moolah! :grr: Oh well, you live and you learn! :ermm:

Did you have UPS Package them?

Mxjunkie
08-16-2006, 04:37 AM
Back when I was building my banshee I spent probaly 1,200 on parts, the ups truck was stolen with my part's on it :grr: Got new ones though :p

1fst400
08-16-2006, 05:14 AM
the insurance is so cheep for ups its not worth it not to buy it, IMO.

I think I spent 10$ to insure a 1200$ engine.

Guy400
08-16-2006, 05:34 AM
When a portion of the CAD department was in my office they received a new large screen CRT that at the time was nearly $10,000. UPS dropped it off on our dock and we don't have to sign anything for them. We find the box a short time later and we can hear broken glass inside. We open it up and the glass screen is shattered. At first UPS told us that it wasn't marked insured and they weren't going to replace it. We told them we ship millions of dollars worth of stuff with them every year and something better get done. About 3 weeks later a new CRT showed up that we didn't pay for :D

Chino886
08-16-2006, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Did you have UPS Package them?

Yep, did not have large enough boxes at home.