View Full Version : Maxxis iRazr

450Rfutureracer
08-15-2006, 04:44 PM
How are the Maxxis iRazr rear tires? Do they wear fast?

B450r
08-15-2006, 06:40 PM
they shouldnt wear that fast cuz they have 6 ply in the rear......
i'm gettin sum maxxis i razers soon

Lonestar_R
08-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Yes they do wear fast...but are great tires....slide well, work well in the mud, and have lots of forward bite. Overall I really like mine....but they wear too dang fast

08-16-2006, 06:54 AM
i got mine about the same time lonestar did. they are the best tires that i have ever had, except for the wear factor...

the fact that they are 6 plies does not affect the wear, the 6 plies are only in the part below the tread.

spincr4hire
08-16-2006, 10:19 AM
they do wear fast. Personally for mud I like the Kenda Knarly 21s or ITP Holeshot H-D's better.

QuadJunkies
09-05-2006, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by 450Rfutureracer
How are the Maxxis iRazr rear tires? Do they wear fast?

just finished up a write up review on these tires, it should be getting posted shortly, Ill send the link when it becomes avail.

They do wear faster than some of the others we have used, but a great tire non the less
:macho

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/QuadJunkies/IMG_6826.jpg

froggyboy88
09-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
just finished up a write up review on these tires, it should be getting posted shortly, Ill send the link when it becomes avail.

They do wear faster than some of the others we have used, but a great tire non the less
:macho

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/QuadJunkies/IMG_6826.jpg

absolute wikid photo!

QuadJunkies
09-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Thank you :)

09-07-2006, 10:02 AM
i have them on my R. They do wear fast.......but not too fast.
I have approx. 10-12 XC races on mine, plus normal trail riding which includes a little black top time. There is still alot of lug left. But they are severly rounded. Plus, i've noticed some tears in the areas between the lugs. They have held air all this time, except for last weekend when i pulled it out of the building. One tire had leaked off to 1 lb. of pressure. But, that may have been due to my new hipers. Anyway, they still get excellent traction in their current state. Very happy with the performance of these tires.

Only downfall I have seen is that they do not get alot of side bite in muddy conditions. But, you can easily see that just by looking at the tread pattern. In muddy, off-camber sections, they want to slide down hill. Which can be an issue during a race.

86250rrider
03-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by force
i have them on my R. They do wear fast.......but not too fast.
I have approx. 10-12 XC races on mine, plus normal trail riding which includes a little black top time. There is still alot of lug left. But they are severly rounded. Plus, i've noticed some tears in the areas between the lugs. They have held air all this time, except for last weekend when i pulled it out of the building. One tire had leaked off to 1 lb. of pressure. But, that may have been due to my new hipers. Anyway, they still get excellent traction in their current state. Very happy with the performance of these tires.

Only downfall I have seen is that they do not get alot of side bite in muddy conditions. But, you can easily see that just by looking at the tread pattern. In muddy, off-camber sections, they want to slide down hill. Which can be an issue during a race.

i agree with you 200%...i was just telling a riding buddy the same thing just yesterday. i kinda think i like my razr2's better for overall though.

fastredrider44
03-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Right now I have Razr2 fronts and iRazr rears. I love the rears for wet riding. I hope to get a set of regular razrs for the rear for when its dry. The iRazr rears do not have that great of a side bite for off camber sections or for turning on the slick mud. However, these tires will grip and go when you hammer down, so whenever i feel like I'm about to spin out, I just give it more gas. As far as the wear factor. If you stay off black top and don't go excessively spinning everywear u go, they wear relatively quickly. If you like to romp on it in gravel and everything else, and black top, they're about the fastest wearing tires I know. I'm on my second and def. not last set of them. I do like them better for the deep mud and ruts than the Holeshot HDs.

Sjorge450R
03-15-2008, 11:55 AM
eh, I konw this is an old thread but wth....lol

I ran some i-razrs before i switched kenda. After switching to a set of Knarly 21" rears, i wont ride irazrs again. And on top of everything. Kenda is about to release (if they havent already done so)a radial version of the knarly. The biased ones grab better than the I's in both forward and turning situations.

People are afraid to try kenda tires because of the price, while others talk smack about them because they are so cheap and that not many people at the track ride on them, but I would take a set of kendas or any other tire out there....and no, I am not just saying this because i am sponsored by them.

Oh and last thing. I raced about 15-20 races on a set of 6ply klaw fronts and 6 ply knarly rears last year....needless to say. I will be starting the season on the same set of tires. They DO NOT wear at all!

fastredrider44
03-15-2008, 02:44 PM
I'll tell you some cheap good looking tires... GBC motorsports has just released some XC tires that look identical to Razr2s. I don't mean close, I mean identical. Picked up a set of fronts at a real good price at the Triton National.

GIXXER1KR
03-17-2008, 01:35 AM
When i ran woods and all around riding the best tire i ran was the ITP XCR's.Excellent all around traction and great wear factor:)

Smoker
03-17-2008, 05:04 AM
Buy a $60 groover of ebay, if you keep the dimples in the IRazr's, it keeps them alive so you get full wear out of them. Great in mud, when new, a little slippery once that dimple goes away, especially on wet clay, look-out! I love the ride they give and new, yeah they are titties.