PDA

View Full Version : United States Postal Service

PismoLocal
08-15-2006, 03:47 PM
So I ordered a 450r carb, 450r throttle cable, and 185-210 main jets last tuesday and rebuilt my 440 over the weekend. I checked my delivery conformation # online this morning and it said that it had been delivered yesterday but when I got home from work yesterday there wasn't any packages.

At around 9:30am I called the post office and was informed by a supervisor that yesterday was this particular workers first day on the job and that he was running late and that he delivered it later than usual at 2:10pm. I then told the supervisor that I got off work at 5 and that there wasn't a package when I got home. He said that If I wanted to get my package I should go around to the houses on my street and ask if they recieved a package that wasn't addressed to them. There are 30 houses on my street and I work 9-5 and go to night school 30 minutes away from 6:30 to 9:30 so that isnt an option. I called my mom and she said that she saw the mail getting dropped off at the house and that she checked it minutes after it was delivered and that the mail guy didnt drop anything off at the house. (she is a stay at home mom and lives just to check the mail everyday)

Well my office and our house are about 1/2 a mile apart so they are both on the same mail route. At around 10:30am the mail guy comes but doesn't come in our building to pick up the mail. He goes over to the building next to us and delivers our mail to them and skips our building. I rush out there an give him our out going mail and ask him about my package and he said that there wasn't any packages delivered on my street yesterday.

By now I literally had steam shooting out of my ears. I went up to the post office on my lunch break and asked to talk to a supervisor and he tells me that it wasn't insured and that the mail guy said that he dropped it off at my house and that the fact that he delivered my works mail to the wrong address today is irrelivant to what he did yesterday and that I should ask my neighbors about the package and if I dont find it I should file a complaint online at the USPS website.

USPS IS THE WORST SHIPPING SERVICE EVER. NEVER USE USPS!!!

Sorry for the long post but I had to vent. It was around $200
worth of stuff in the box. That means that I worked for around 14 hours for these parts. 14 hours of work just for some idiot that can't read a shipping label to lose my package.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

PismoLocal
08-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Any one have any suggestions??? I already filed a complaint on the website.

Aceman
08-15-2006, 04:43 PM
What do you want us to tell you....."Kill the new delivery guy so this doesn't happen to anyone else??" You've filed a complaint and you're clearly not going to use USPS again so it sounds like you've done all you can to remedy the problem. Sucks about your parts, I'd be pissed as hell also. After all, it shouldn't be your fault the new guy is dyslexic and can't deliver packages for chit. Maybe try working your way up the list of supervisors, you know "the squeeky wheel gets the grease" kind of thing. Gripe loud enough maybe they will reimburse you even though it had no insurance. Next time insure it or use signature confirmation.

PismoLocal
08-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
What do you want us to tell you....."Kill the new delivery guy so this doesn't happen to anyone else??"
Thats actually sounding like a reasonable solution right about now!!!:devil: Thanks for the advice though. Think filing a police report would be smart or is that going to be a waste of my time?

Aceman
08-15-2006, 04:53 PM
I don't know.....do you think you can get away with it???:p You better be extra sneaky, don't want him to know what hit him.:chinese:

honduh440
08-15-2006, 06:31 PM
that does suck i would be heated.

onefast400ex
08-15-2006, 06:46 PM
USPS sucks ***. I sent out my dg nerf bars on april 21st and then the guy filed a paypal complaint saying he didnt get them. I faxed the receipt to paypal and the guy stating they were shipped. 5 weeks later he got them and felt bad cause they were postmarked april 21st. Better off going with UPS, USPS is risky there is a 50/50 chance you will get your package. Some guy ordered a manual off of me 3 weeks ago on Friday night. He said he needed it really quick so I went first thing Saturday morning to ship it. USPS guaranteed 3 days. He got it Today. USPS sucks. Its not worth shipping parts out with them.

CannondaleRider
08-15-2006, 07:09 PM
My parents are US Postal Service Contractors on multiple Routes. They also have the contract for the Palo Verde Post Office, which I work at times.

We give our customers the best service we can. Going WAY WAY WAY, out of our way to get the customers requests done. And we are constantly praised and thanked for it.

Think logically here dude, not one single person controls every route, case, employee, or contractor in the United States. Just because some people have bad experiences, doesn't mean that the Postal Service is completely bad, its just that the particular person dealing with your route/box is an idiot. Or someone in the many many legs of the package is an idiot.

You need to realize how many pieces of mail are dealt with. Just in our contracts alone, we deal with over 1000 BOXES, consider that most people get more then one piece of mail daily. Do the math, its not easy. I guarantee you would lose an item if dealing with 1000s of pieces of mail daily.

Think before you ramble;)

LTandRaptorider
08-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Think before you ramble;)

Oh, I think he is WELL within his right to ramble. I believe most people would be more than a little upset.. ;)

btw... If you plan on shooting the delivery guy, I wouldn't recommend filing a police report... :p

CannondaleRider
08-15-2006, 07:32 PM
I can understand getting upset at the delivery guy, and the local post office, or the problem worker/contractor that is screwing up.

But he shouldn't blame the entire system because of one f*ck up. He is saying that as a whole, USPS sucks, which includes me, my sister, and my parents, Which I KNOW are getting the job done right, and perfectly. That is ONE example. I know many other contractors/workers that work at the local P.O. that are getting the job done well.

Blame the specific problem, not the whole system

400exredrider
08-15-2006, 07:38 PM
i would be raising hell on the phone to someone higher up in USPS

250R-Dee
08-15-2006, 08:06 PM
USPS is the only provider who ships to military PO boxes over seas so I am stuck with them.

I can say this and KNOW that I am not lying:.....

USPS sucks balls! On several different occasions people have paid to ship items to me via priority mail but the idiots working at the post office fail to put the PRIORITY MAIL sticker on teh package. Why is this a problem? Well, the item makes it to my US shipping point in Cali really fast but once it hits the military postal service without a priority mail sticker it gets downgraded to standard shipping. Standard shipping = a boat ride that translates to 8~12 weeks shipping time instead of 5~10 business days. I have had USPS workers tell shippers that they can not insure or get a tracking numbers for items going to military PO boxes.

One of the really cool shippers actually took printed info from USPS.com with him and gave it to the USPS employee after being told bogus information (ie: shipping weight limit is 25lbs, can not get a tracking number, can only use parcel post and some other BS info:huh). The shipper requested the morons supervisor and asked him to repeat all of the bogus info in front of them before he presented the information from USPS's site :devil: . Needless to say I got my item shipped correctly that time.

I would complain about the goobers that work at the military post offices but I will end up writing a damn book:scary:

DieselBoy
08-15-2006, 08:47 PM
USPS is as slow as watching a tree grow. their "priority mail" service sucks balls too

400exstud
08-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
USPS is as slow as watching a tree grow. their "priority mail" service sucks balls too

I got my new driver (for golf) from Florida in two or three days and the box looked to be in good shape. They beat UPS's time of a solid week so I have no complaints.

NorCalRacer
08-15-2006, 09:23 PM
I have had nothing but problem after problem with USPS. I don't know about other states, but around here they can't hire anyone worth a damn and putting something in an envelope and mailing it is equal to throwing it in the trash. I can honestly say that more than half the time I have counted on USPS they have been a major dissapointment.

Dune Surfer
08-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Wow, what a bunch of BS. I have had my problems with them too. They droped off one of my packages to a house twenty houses away that nobody lived in. Three weeks later I found it. I was lucky. Another time the postman was stealing everybodies stuff and the cops acused (sp) my wife and I. Weeks later the cops found out who it was and called us to tell us. I would file a report with the police and tell the post office supervisor about it and work your way up the ladder. Good luck

08-15-2006, 09:40 PM
use FedEx;)

DHL droped off my $260 check 10 houses down from me before:mad:

Rich250RRacer
08-15-2006, 10:19 PM
I've had great service from USPS. Pay for delivery confirmation, signature confirmation, or insurance, it's cheap. REALLY CHEAP. I refuse to use UPS since they are pitifully slow, expensive, and they always seem to lose my stuff. I actually had to go to my local UPS terminal to pick up an OEM Honda fender for my 250R (big box). They had a tracking number, but couldn't find it. They had me looking through trucks and piles of boxes. I finally found it buried in a corner with a bunch of scrap boxes. Exactly what I should have expected from a shipper that leaves my brand new $2600 Lonestar chassis sitting on my porch without a signature. What would have happened if that would have come up missing?

QuadJunkies
08-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Ive had my sahre of bad experiences with shipping threw USPS as well, I ALWAYS send my pkgs threw DHL or UPS now . Most of the time its UPS.

Ive heard horror stories all across the board with ALL of them.A Freind of mine lost a set of Custom Axis shocks and A-arms that was delivered .. But the Box was empty:huh

I am not a fan of the USPS system, but I dont hold that against EVERY employee.

firefighterjosh
08-16-2006, 02:10 AM
I have not had bad experiences with any shipper. Fed Ex once sent the package to Florida Instead of Indiana?:huh But I called them and gave them the correct Zip Code. And all was fixed.

I am starting to get worried now since I am parting out my banshee and will be shipping everything out. I am using UPS so hopefully no problems.

08-16-2006, 07:31 AM
This is why I only ship UPS, at least they give you the first $100 insurance for free and their online tracking is very accurate, unlike trying to track something shipped via USPS.

250rAL
08-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
I've had great service from USPS. Pay for delivery confirmation, signature confirmation, or insurance, it's cheap. REALLY CHEAP. I refuse to use UPS since they are pitifully slow, expensive, and they always seem to lose my stuff. I actually had to go to my local UPS terminal to pick up an OEM Honda fender for my 250R (big box). They had a tracking number, but couldn't find it. They had me looking through trucks and piles of boxes. I finally found it buried in a corner with a bunch of scrap boxes. Exactly what I should have expected from a shipper that leaves my brand new $2600 Lonestar chassis sitting on my porch without a signature. What would have happened if that would have come up missing?

You can use COD for these really expensive deliveries. No $ gone until it's in your hand.

PismoLocal
08-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Ya I requested that my carb be sent UPS but it was sent USPS instead.

QuadJunkies
08-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
Ya I requested that my carb be sent UPS but it was sent USPS instead. now THAT would PIZZ me OFF!!:grr:

PismoLocal
08-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
I can understand getting upset at the delivery guy, and the local post office, or the problem worker/contractor that is screwing up.

But he shouldn't blame the entire system because of one f*ck up. He is saying that as a whole, USPS sucks, which includes me, my sister, and my parents, Which I KNOW are getting the job done right, and perfectly. That is ONE example. I know many other contractors/workers that work at the local P.O. that are getting the job done well.

Blame the specific problem, not the whole system

The reason that USPS sucks is that they won't fix the problem. They don't give a fu** because they know I cant do any thing about it.

When I went to the post office I brought my tracking Data and a reciept to prove how much the stuff in the box was worth. My $200 package is sitting some where between my house and the post office. The tracking data shows that it was scanned in a 8:30am monday at the post office (which is about 2 miles away). That means that my carb was less then 5 miles from my house.

I believe it is obvious that the mail guy lost it and that I should get reimbursed for my lost parts. The supervisor said that My package was the only one that was delivered monday on my whole street. The mail guy delivered the mail at my work to the wrong address yesterday, it was his first day on the job the day he was delivering my carb, but yet the supervisor at the Post office still insist that there is no way the mail guy delivered my box to the wrong house and that it must have been stolen even though my mom was there when the mail was delivered and she said he didnt drop off any boxes.

USPS takes no responsibility for there screw ups. The supervisor here pretty much told me to bad. He wasn't trying to help me he was just telling me I was wrong even though he had no knowledge of what really happened to my package either. I wish they would just give me money for the stuff they lost and call it even.

Me and the supervisor both know who lost the package it was the mail guy plain and simple. Thats how easy it is, he lost the package or delivered it to the wrong address on his route. Why doesnt the post office just admit there mistake and pay me instead of ripping me off. Its bull$@!t!!!!!!!

08-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
Ya I requested that my carb be sent UPS but it was sent USPS instead.

call the biznatch that shipped it and get your money back:mad:

Ralph
08-16-2006, 05:12 PM
With your plastics, atleast they knew which location it was at. loose a package with USPS and they couldnt tell you if they where they lost it. UPS packages get scanned at pick up, and everytime they get off a truck and back on at each hub. USPS dies it once if it gets to your house.

haha, not having a signature is you or your shippers fault. They dont know whats inside unless you tell them. And they wont ask for a signature unless you tell them too.

SLOW? everything is 7 days or less. USPS has taken several weeks for me.

AND USPS's tracking system is a joke. all it does is "did we deliver it, yes or no." UPS they can track exactly where it was last so it is easier to find if something does happen.

You cannot compare USPS to UPS,DHL or FEDEX

PismoLocal
08-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
call the biznatch that shipped it and get your money back:mad:
I was thinking about dong that because I have had bad experiences with usps b4 and thats why I specifically asked for ups but they guy selling it is just a kid like me and the package made it all the way to my city and was lost the in my town. For some reason I can't blame the guy that shipped it. It would have arrived had it been delivered at my house 4 days after i bought it and he shipped it to the right address. He didnt lose it my neighborhoods new mail guy did.

DieselBoy
08-16-2006, 08:57 PM
I'll have to keep that in mind next time I courier stuff. That's terrible that first of all they lose it, and secondly they all refuse to pay/fix the problem.

They have the "oh well, shyt happens" attitude. Not the best approach for customer satisfaction.

SGA
08-25-2006, 11:14 PM
So what has happened? Did you get your parts?

SGA
09-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Get your parts yet? You sure were pissed. I was curious if you ever got them or what happened.