PDA

View Full Version : back suspension questions

tyler3400
08-15-2006, 03:19 PM
ok my back shock is getting a little tierd i do belive and now that i have started racing it isnt performing as good as i would like.. i dont have the cash to go out and get some aftermarket shocks but i have seen some things on this site about the gt thunder xc linkage. i would liek to get some info on that and maybe a price and also i would like to send my shock to them and have it rebuilt,valved for weight and resprung for xc racing. what do you think would be a rough estimate for how much that would cost thanks

krt400ex
08-15-2006, 03:33 PM
linkage is usaully pretty expensive, and a revalve will run u around $150. i would say that u r rpolly looking at $350-$500 total for a rebuild and linkage. i could be off though. the best thing u can do is call them and ask them what it would cost. u don't need to commit to anything when u call to ask questions.

tyler3400
08-15-2006, 03:36 PM
alright i think i will jsut give them a call on my break at work tomorrow.. does rebulding the shock involve the revalveing to weight and riding style?

krt400ex
08-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by tyler3400
alright i think i will jsut give them a call on my break at work tomorrow.. does rebulding the shock involve the revalveing to weight and riding style?

yes, they replace the seals and gaskets and they revalve it ur riding style, weight, ect... in ur first ques., u mentioned something about the spring. i think that woud be an extra cost. besides the fact, unless ur ove 220 lbs. u prolly wouldn't need a new spring anyway.

tyler3400
08-15-2006, 05:12 PM
i was only going to get a new spring if the price was pretty reasonable. this shock is off a 03 bike and i was just kinda figuring spring might be getting a little tierd, but i plan on calling and getting all the info tomorrow hopefully..