PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever goto chadwick? (MO)

cbennett86250r
08-15-2006, 02:59 PM
i was just down at chadwick this last weekend.. i was the only 250r down there..
got a lot of looks :devil:
had more fun than ever..
it was my first time.. stayed friday night thru sunday..
AWESOME
:D
just wondering if anyone here goes there..

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/marktwain/recreation/sites/chadwick/

custom R
08-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Ive never been there but I live in imperial mo is it a good place to ride im always lookin for new spots I went to turkey bay in kentucky last weekend and it was some bad a** riding there

xlr810
08-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Chadwick is great. Definitely need skid plates. I was the only 250R around last time, too. Even the guys on bikes gave looks and props to my old R...

Tom TRX250R
08-15-2006, 09:21 PM
I have been there on my R as well though I needed to replace my tires after leaving there it was a blast!!!!

cbennett86250r
08-16-2006, 08:12 AM
yeah skid plates and bumpers are an ABSOLUTE MUST!

im going back september 2nd and i can not wait.

we had a good rain the day before i went down there last time, so there was no dust.. it was great.. it was only about 90 degrees tops.. and when your in the woods, you dont have any sun on you..

another good place is the chat piles in carterville.. close to joplin..
has anyone been there?
its like 2 miles of huge gravel mounds..
kind of like the "dunes" but you can use stock tires..
:D

mrhyde
08-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Not the only r there. I was there Sunday AM. My 87 always gets tons of looks. Really hacks my buddy with his well built rappy. I live about 30 minutes away and try to go for a couple of hours every weekend. The trails are rough, but if you pass the main parking lot and drive another mile or two, the next road to the right is Cobb Ridge. The trails there are much smoother, but still rough.