PDA

View Full Version : grips

DODGE_TRUCKS
08-15-2006, 01:48 PM
just wondering if anyone could tell me if they know of a good pair of soft grips for my 06 z400

jonboy
08-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Is there a reason that you are wanting soft grips? I had a set before and they wore into smoothies in no tme at all. Also when it gets really hot out they tend to come off the bars.

tlronny
08-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Yea - I found that too !

drzoo2
08-15-2006, 06:14 PM
PRO Grips Model 727
Look similar to stock but a whole lot softer. Get the grip glue. Use alot of it. For $10 who cares if they last a season. They're worth it.

YFZ450Ridr
08-15-2006, 08:25 PM
get some oury grips, very soft and comfy but they do not wear down fast! at 9 bucks they are the cheapest and best grips i have ever used.

jonboy
08-15-2006, 10:20 PM
I found that using some clear, spray polyurethane (Minwax) works the best for holding on any type of grips. It is also a lot less messy. Just spray and coat the inside of the grip really well, slip on the grip and let it dry. Then wipe up the excess. Those suckers will not come off without the help from a utility knife. As for grips, I love my Galindo Grippers, they also come with end caps that replace the stock bar end protectors. Dennis Kirk and Rocky Mtn. both sale them.:muscle:

indyZrider
08-16-2006, 04:50 AM
alright man screw those grips with glue! ive had renthals, pro grips, ourys and altogether about 7 different pairs BUT none of them are easy and comfortable like the ODI's. they are the sweetest ive ever had. they clamp on with locking rings so NO GLUE. they come with bar end protectors and there are two styles. rogue is the set i have and they are soft and they hold up great. there is a harder style to but i forgot the name. check them out on the web. also of you have a RMATV catalog (rocky mountain) they are in there to. you wont be disappointed.

jonboy
08-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Hey I have seen those grips in the adds. I was actually curious about them myself. Are they already mounted to some type of sleeve that goes on the bars or how exactly are they made? If they are mounted on a sleeve, you could probably replace the grips themselves right? They look like you can remove and replace them really easy.

indyZrider
08-17-2006, 05:58 AM
the whole system is 15 at first and it includes the lock rings end caps and grips. you can just buy new grips for like 10 bucks so they are very comparable to the "other" guys. the lock rings have little allen screws that you tighten them with. easy on- easy off.

the grips have little edges on the inside that are made of a hard compound that the lock rings clamp on. they dont move at all.

jonnyyellow
08-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by YFZ450Ridr
get some oury grips, very soft and comfy but they do not wear down fast! at 9 bucks they are the cheapest and best grips i have ever used.

btw, wheres the best place to buy oury grips online?

YFZ450Ridr
08-17-2006, 01:31 PM
i could not find them online anywhere to buy actually besides dennis kirk. the only place ive fond them locally are quad dealers and a parts dealer called percision powersports about 20 minutes from me.

jonnyyellow
08-17-2006, 06:10 PM
alright

there not expensive on denis kirk either