PDA

View Full Version : Modded LT 50 won't start now....

cjkranz
08-15-2006, 11:51 AM
I currently have 2 LT 50s and I am building one up to hopefully run in the dunes. The first one is an '02 totally stock machine, and the other one is an '03, modded out to race flat track and MX. I bought the second one used with just over 2 seasons on it. Just due to not knowing the hx of the second quad, I decided to swap some of the parts around and keep the '02. I have put the '03 mostly back to stock (pulled the plug out of the pipe, cut several more holes in the back of the airbox lid, and removed all of the restrictors (including the intake port). I also removed the second pilot air jet and put a 67.5 main jet in. The quad runs great!!

Now for the second one. CT pipe, open K&N filter, ported air intake, shaved head, colder plug, 110 Octane fuel, ported the motor including matched bottom transfer ports to the case, but the windows were left the same. Also ported/matched the intake and exhaust and polished the exhaust port. Also installed a Polini adjustable clutch. I have pulled out one of the two stacked pilot air jets (like the other one) and have tried main jets from 72.5 to 77.5. Heres the problem.... It won't run now.

It has spark, fuel, and air. I haven't touched the stator so I don't have any reason to believe the timing is off. It ran before when it was stock. What am I missing? After I have pulled it several times the spark plug with be slightly wet, but you don't smell the gas like it is flooded. Could it be so lean that it isn't firing at all? I wouldn't think that it could be too rich.

Please help, this is driving me crazy. Its a very simple motor, I wouldn't think the problem is too difficult........

thanks in advance...