PDA

View Full Version : Laeger help PLAESE!!!!!

300EXrider356
08-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Allright, well I ordered a set of +2 Laeger LT arms and TCS LT shocks, I got it all on and it looks great. The problem is, is that, when the front end is in the air, the wheels are pointed in like>< then when the suspension is compressed there like <> out. I know this cant be normal and it makes my handeling all ****ty. I got all new ball joints except the tie rod ones, could this be the problem?? Ohh yeah, when its just sitting on the ground its perfectly fine, because thats how I set the caster, when it was on the ground.

Anyways thanks guys.

Mike

bwamos
08-15-2006, 11:56 AM
I beleive a lot of times you need a different steering stem to change the height of the inner tierod mounting position.

But also make sure you're upper arms are on the correct side (common installation problem).. if they aren't it could make it act really funny since the geometry is thrown off.

Take this with a grain of salt though.. since I'm only relaying what I've heard. I run stock width arms. ;)

300EXrider356
08-15-2006, 12:02 PM
thanks bwamos, rigt after I wrote this I went outside and looked at it, and I put the tie rods on upside down on the wheel side!! God I'm retarded:rolleyes: Anyways thanks lol

CannondaleRider
08-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Hey, just incase you wanted to know, for explanation purposes in the future. That would be "Toe-In" and "Toe-Out"