PDA

View Full Version : heat shield istallation for DMC???

Glamis400ex
08-25-2002, 12:50 PM
Hi gang,

I have the ols style DMC dual exhaust, not the Alien. I talked to the folks at Advantage Performance and they informed me that only the silencer, not the headpipes is all that was changed from old style(mine) to the Alien.

I ordered the heat shield that comes with the Alien and when I got it, it's only the shield and 2 hex head bolts, no brackets or anything to screw the hex bolts into, that holds it to the pipe. I dont have any sort of mounting holes or anything, just smooth pipes. I informed them I had the old DMC dual, not Alien.

What to do? Has anyone else had this prob? It really stinks that the new Alien systems come with the heat shield now. And I'm stuck with a great looking heat shield now, that I can't install....

Could I weld on some nuts to accept the hex heads or is that kinda cheesy? Help...

Thanks,

Glamis

Ex_Rider43
08-25-2002, 06:38 PM
yeah I have a alien system and the left hex bolt is always loose.In my opinion the heat shield is a waste of money cuz you cant bolt it it will last for an hour and an anoying sound is coming from there. so i removed it

Glamis400ex
08-25-2002, 08:18 PM
exrider52,

does the Alien have some sort of braket that it bolts to? If your'e not planning on using it anymore, is it something that can be removed? Not the actual shield itself, but what it bolts up to?

Thx,

Glamis