PDA

View Full Version : Parting out a 400ex....worth it?

DieselBoy
08-14-2006, 10:47 PM
stock. what kind of revenue can you expect? i'm just exploring the possibilities at this point.

ShiftFMX
08-14-2006, 11:09 PM
If its stock, your going to get more for the bike as a whole

Quad18star
08-15-2006, 04:37 AM
Being from Ontario , I'd be VERY cautious before I'd start parting out a bike . Make sure you have people lined up for the parts before things start to go , or else you'll be stuck with half a bike for a LONG time .

Most people on these forums , won't buy from Canadians because it is a hassle and gets quite expensive to have to ship internationally . Trust me ... I tried it .

When I decided to sell my YFZ , I started parting out my aftermarket stuff . It took me months before things sold , and even then , I ended up giving away parts with the quad when it sold . The parts I had listed were mostly all brand new and WAY below cost ... yet the only part that went to the USA was a set of nerfbars and that cost the guy about $70 more for the shipping and duty. I practically gave away a BRAND NEW Curtis Sparks exhaust ..... I had it listed for $700 locally for months ... then I had to bring the price down ... it eventually sold for $400 Canadian . That exhaust alone cost me over $800 CND .

There's not a huge market up here for parts like there is in the USA , so like I said , be very cautious before you start letting parts go .

DieselBoy
08-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Being from Ontario , I'd be VERY cautious before I'd start parting out a bike . Make sure you have people lined up for the parts before things start to go , or else you'll be stuck with half a bike for a LONG time .

Most people on these forums , won't buy from Canadians because it is a hassle and gets quite expensive to have to ship internationally . Trust me ... I tried it .

When I decided to sell my YFZ , I started parting out my aftermarket stuff . It took me months before things sold , and even then , I ended up giving away parts with the quad when it sold . The parts I had listed were mostly all brand new and WAY below cost ... yet the only part that went to the USA was a set of nerfbars and that cost the guy about $70 more for the shipping and duty. I practically gave away a BRAND NEW Curtis Sparks exhaust ..... I had it listed for $700 locally for months ... then I had to bring the price down ... it eventually sold for $400 Canadian . That exhaust alone cost me over $800 CND .

There's not a huge market up here for parts like there is in the USA , so like I said , be very cautious before you start letting parts go .

i hear ya greg. up here the ATV market just isn't big enough, and I would be worried about not selling everything for a good price, or not selling them at all. I need to let this bike go, though. It doesn't run but it tries to. I'm guessing I can weed $2900 CAD for it as it sits, as it only needs an electrical component to run. I want to buy a raptor afterward, and then from there hopefully buy new. The YFZ's up here in ontario are rediculously priced used.

you sold your yfz for 6500 right?

Any idea why the raptors cost so much up here???

Quad18star
08-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
i hear ya greg. up here the ATV market just isn't big enough, and I would be worried about not selling everything for a good price, or not selling them at all. I need to let this bike go, though. It doesn't run but it tries to. I'm guessing I can weed $2900 CAD for it as it sits, as it only needs an electrical component to run. I want to buy a raptor afterward, and then from there hopefully buy new. The YFZ's up here in ontario are rediculously priced used.

you sold your yfz for 6500 right?

Any idea why the raptors cost so much up here???

What does the 400ex need ???

Yeah I sold my YFZ for $6500 .... I practically gave it away for the shape it was in . You know the saying ... " Live and Learn" .

My buddy sold his Raptor for $4000 just a few months ago ... it was beat .... he found a kid to buy it for that price . You SHOULD be able to find one for around $3500 or so .... most likely be one of the first years .

I know of a guy with a Cannondale for sale for $6500 and I'm sure he'd play on the price . The quad is pretty mint and I know he just had the motor worked over the winter .

Post up a picture of your 400ex .