PDA

View Full Version : Who to rebuild my tcs shocks, not tcs

trx4ever
08-14-2006, 10:32 PM
I ordered a set of shocks from tcs in feb, I asked how long it would take to get them she said we'll get the done and sent out in 2 weeks. So 2 weeks later I called back and she said we are still waiting on parts . so i called back a week later and every week after that for 3 weeks and i finally told him i have a race and need them now. anyways when i got them they were ok for a month or two but they were always soft. so now i have to run full compression and crank down on the preload so much that i am 10 inches off the ground and the shocks are springy as hell. who should i have rebuild them. and what do you guys think is wrong with them

firefighterjosh
08-14-2006, 10:40 PM
I swear by Derisi Racing

Check out this thread http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=245562

Also here is the contact info

http://www.derisiracing.com/

Phone:704.538.3512

His name is Santo Derisi he races Pro XC he is a very nice guy. He did my Works shocks on my Banshee. They are way better then anything else.

Colby@C&DRacing
08-15-2006, 07:09 AM
Did you ever contact TCS to discuss your shocks being to soft. If there was some changes that needed made to your shocks they would have been happy to take care of it you just need to contact them.

amonomous
08-15-2006, 07:49 AM
i had the exact same thing happen when i ordered my axis
i swear if i hadnt called them every other day after the 6th week it would have taken a year to get them
and like u they are too soft and i have to set the compression on the highest setting
i can see why u wouldnt want to send them back to tcs because theres no way in hell im sending mine to axis

rob-u/21
08-15-2006, 08:24 AM
I am sure if you send them back to TCS they will do free of charge. Give them a call.

TBD
08-15-2006, 10:06 AM
I would call TCS and have them revalve them. I've been dealing with TCS since he started and never had an issue such as that. I'm not saying it didn't happen but they ussually have great customer service.

trx4ever
08-15-2006, 11:14 AM
they were polite but they were also shaddy, my rear shock sits near nine inches high, its for mx and the preload is as far off as it can be. After calling them 5-6 times and never being able to get a hold of todd, I gave up. I don't think the shocks need to be revalved . Maybe low on oil, and or nitrogen.

TBD
08-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by trx4ever
they were polite but they were also shaddy, my rear shock sits near nine inches high, its for mx and the preload is as far off as it can be. After calling them 5-6 times and never being able to get a hold of todd, I gave up. I don't think the shocks need to be revalved . Maybe low on oil, and or nitrogen.
I'm really sorry to hear that. If your shock was low on oil you would be able to feel that. It would cause a cavitation that sometimes you can hear. If there isn't any signs of oil leaking I doubt it is that. If it has low nitrogen pressure it wouldn't be really springy. It would actually have slower rebound.

trx4ever
08-15-2006, 12:16 PM
I am sending them to C&D , I just called the guy there, 150 to revalve and service, I 'll take it. Plus he sounded really cool and fast turn around time.

TBD
08-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by trx4ever
I am sending them to C&D , I just called the guy there, 150 to revalve and service, I 'll take it. Plus he sounded really cool and fast turn around time.
I'm sure Colby will do a excellent job on the shocks.

trx4ever
08-15-2006, 12:24 PM
thanks everyone for your ideas, and solutions, I really appreciate it. Now I just have to get some money

Colby@C&DRacing
08-16-2006, 07:56 AM
You say the rear is to high and you have the preload backed all the way off? Make sure you give me all that info if you ship them here.;)

Phills450r
08-16-2006, 06:05 PM
I haven't rode on much with aftermarket shocks but my buddy just got his shocks revalved by C&D and they aren't even set up for my weight and I love them.. My shocks will be sent to him within the next couple months.. oh and he defantly don't take forever either. Good choice..