PDA

View Full Version : brakes??? new line on it, won't work

hks308
08-14-2006, 09:06 PM
when i bought my quad it didn't have back brakes because the line had a slice in it and leaked out the fluid. i just bought a new line and installed it and filled up the little cup of fluid and the back brakes still don't work at all.

what else should i test or do, to make the brakes work?

Thanks

400eXr1d3rZ
08-14-2006, 09:16 PM
are you getting pressure on the brakes? new brakepads? check for any and all leaks. take the caliper(?) apart and check in there

hks308
08-14-2006, 09:26 PM
no not really, i press down on the back brake lever and it just goes up and down freely, i just filled up the cup with brake oil. do you think i need to put more in? becase it isn't going down the tube? if so, how do i do that?

Aceman
08-14-2006, 10:04 PM
You need to bleed them. A search will tell you how.

hks308
08-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
You need to bleed them. A search will tell you how.

how would you bleed them?

firefighterjosh
08-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Do a search and it will tell you.

TO bleed brake you need 2 ppl. (this is how I do it)

1 person on the brake pedal and one person by the brake assembly.
There should be a little Zerk, looks like a grease zerk on the Brake assembly.

1 The person on the Brake pedal pushes it down and holds it down.

2 the person on the brake zerk looking thing opens then closes it using a wrench. (6mm I think)

3 Then the person on the pedal then lets up on the pedal then pumps it. Then the person on the brake pedal pushed down and holds it down again

Again the person on the brake zerk looking thing opens then closes it using a wrench. (6mm I think)

Repeat steps mutilpe times until there is no more air in the line. You will hear the air come out. Aventually no air will come out just fluid. Be sure to make sure your container is full at all times while doing this otherwise you will suck air again.

I hope this helps. I am sure somone else can explain better.

amonomous
08-15-2006, 07:54 AM
or u could just go to your local pep boys or whatever u have and buy a one man brake bleeder for 3 bucks
thats what i did and it works like a champ