PDA

View Full Version : WOULD you recomend??

czrider263
08-14-2006, 05:53 PM
I have 2 405r's and they are just loud. and i don't have the heart to put the stock pipes on them to ride on my track i have at my house. To make the niebors happy do you think a LTR450 would solve the problem? I mean they are nice and wide from factory so i wouldn't have to mess with that, so i was thinking that they then would be perfect for that. and if i bring it somewhere else to ride i could just take the air box lid off and pipe plug right?? Just want your guys opinions on this subject that have had some experance with the LTR!

Thanks to all who respond

Hoosier LTR nut
08-15-2006, 07:46 AM
I would say this is a good thought, I love my LTR and ride a lot in area's where people complain about noise. I ride with two guys with 450R's and can hang with and most of the time pull away, these are built quads also, they both race GNCC and have tons of aftermarket goods. I can say that every body says that their quads are why people complain.

Nick110
08-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by czrider263
I have 2 405r's and they are just loud. and i don't have the heart to put the stock pipes on them to ride on my track i have at my house. To make the niebors happy do you think a LTR450 would solve the problem? I mean they are nice and wide from factory so i wouldn't have to mess with that, so i was thinking that they then would be perfect for that. and if i bring it somewhere else to ride i could just take the air box lid off and pipe plug right?? Just want your guys opinions on this subject that have had some experance with the LTR!

Thanks to all who respond

Your saying your too lazy to change pipes that you would actually consider buying a new quad instead. Am I missing something here or did I just find the laziest person in the world.

If my memory serves me right you have Rossier pipes on your bikes. REAL EASY CHEAP FIX. Buy a super trap disc end cap. It will lower it to 96db.

ST87
08-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Your saying your too lazy to change pipes that you would actually consider buying a new quad instead. Am I missing something here or did I just find the laziest person in the world.

i agree and even if your that bad lazy why not just spend about $300 if that for a quiet slip on exhuast. just about all exhaust companys have them if not a completely seperate exhaust they usually have a quiet core inserts which are usually under $50. more money than sense?:huh

czrider263
08-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Nick110

If my memory serves me right you have Rossier pipes on your bikes. REAL EASY CHEAP FIX. Buy a super trap disc end cap. It will lower it to 96db.

Well if you look at some of my posts i did buy a supertrap for my rossier.

I don't want to put the stock pipe back on because i have built motors and there would be problems running them with a stock pipe even if jetted correctly.Plus almost every other weekend i go riding somewhere and i don't want to change the pipe that often.

This is why i want a practice bike that is very quite to ride at my house and a LTR450 was the fist thing to pop into my head. I don't know why you have to attack me like that jeeeeeez.

Pappy
08-15-2006, 04:03 PM
You would be well served with a LTR....

gas and go;)

czrider263
08-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks pappy thats the kind of anserw i was looking for!!:D

400eXr1d3rZ
08-15-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
You would be well served with a LTR....

gas and go;)

what about oil and some radiator stuff :p

firefighterjosh
08-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Yes get the LTR. It would be a great practice quad...Dang I wish I had the money to have a LTR for a "practice quad" lol I am jelious

Ride1Rob
08-17-2006, 05:50 PM
I don't get this? Are you leaving the bike stock if you get it? My cousin has the stock pipe on his LTR with the peashooter removed and this thing has grunt to it. I can hear him from a mile away when he rides behind my house.

Architects
08-17-2006, 11:49 PM
There are several LtRs at the track with the Sparky removed and there actually pretty loud.