PDA

View Full Version : '03 400ex stock jetting? Help!

duey
08-14-2006, 04:16 PM
I recently purchased a used 400ex and I have know way of telling if the current needle and main jet in the quad are original or are from a dynojet kit. I know the pilot is stock (its a 38), but the main jet has 145rd on it. I have never seen letters on keihin main jets before? Also, does anyone know what the stock needle is? The quad has a white brothers e-series slip-on and the previous owner stated that the dealer jetted it for him:eek: I know these quads come stock with a 148 main, so why the dealer went smaller on the main is beyond me. I need to know what the stock needle is before I can jet this thing properly.

GPracer2500
08-14-2006, 04:37 PM
The "rd" is for RD Precision. They manufacture copy-cats of original Keihins. The RD jets should be on the same scale as Keihins. If the jets where Dynojet brand then a Dynojet needle would be likely. Chances are excellent your needle is stock if RD jets were used.

duey
08-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
The "rd" is for RD Precision. They manufacture copy-cats of original Keihins. The RD jets should be on the same scale as Keihins. If the jets where Dynojet brand then a Dynojet needle would be likely. Chances are excellent your needle is stock if RD jets were used.

GPracer2500,
Thanks for reply.