PDA

View Full Version : Sand tire question

raptordude
08-14-2006, 04:12 PM
I am about to make my first trip to the Silver Lake dunes next month and I am not sure what to get...

First - I have a raptor 660 w/full HMF,K&N lid and stock gearing

Second - I have stock rims(10" I think)

Third - I will probably be doing alot of jumping,hillclimbing and carving

What would be the best tires and how many paddles should I get?

wysse
08-14-2006, 05:01 PM
I just got back from there today your going to have a blast! as for sand tires I would get the cheapest ones because I had bouth and I dident feal much diff I am sure there are outher people that will say that they work good but I couldent tell much! amd if you do get them save some money and get just the back!

raptordude
08-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Also ,would I be able to get away with dirt tires in the front?

redwing310r
08-25-2006, 01:28 PM
get 20- 11-8 sand star rears....and yes you will notice a huge diff w/ fronts...get the sand star fronts.....theyre the best and real smooth.ride ...worth every penny!i have a 88 310r totally tricked out and i run across the worst ruts in glamis w/ no probs with jarring ur arms off.

Dune Surfer
08-25-2006, 04:51 PM
I would get sand shark paddles, very cheap and they work well, I like the way they ride much better than the sandstars. For me the sandstars suck. Stock fronts will be fine, lower your air pressure to 3lbs.

250r4life
08-26-2006, 01:59 AM
for the raptor i actually prefer the sand sharks over the sandstars... i love my sand stars and they are great with my bike, as it rides low and i can break them loose and spin them at any time.. but on the raptor i like the way the sand sharks work a lot better... they slide a lot better and make it feel a lot less tipsy then sand stars...

however the sand star fronts are still the best... the rears depend on the scenario

250r4life
08-26-2006, 02:00 AM
and as far as lowering your pressure to 3 lbs on the front- i do exactly the opposite... now with sand star fronts and before when i had knobbies- i air them up tons...