PDA

View Full Version : sprocket replacement instructions?

AdamEX
08-14-2006, 03:02 PM
can anyone give me instructions on how to change out the front sporcket or is there anything that i should know when i go about it. i understand that there is more to the process than taking out the two bolts on the sprocket. thanks for any input

miller821
08-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Not really... Just loosen up your chain to were it is pretty loose, and just take off the bolts holding it on and replace. Retighten and your ready. Did mine in less than 15 mins. at a friends house.

redexrider
08-14-2006, 07:07 PM
alright there is a little more info to it. You loosen the four pinch bolts at the back of your swing arm and loosen the chain tensioner (right next to the sprocket, turn the top towards the front of bike to loosen) Then when you remove the two bolts from the sprocket (of course after removing the chain cover and case saver) you will remove the spline key, turn in just a bit to line it up with the splines the pull it off of the shaft. Pull the sprocket off, and replace with new one. IMPORTANT one side of the sprocket should be raised around the hole, this side goes towards the tranny. replace the spline lock (it will only go on one way, you will know if you have it backwards because the bolt holes won't line up) then reverse all of you steps, tighten everyting down to factory torque setting (maybe even some blue loc tite) and ride hard.