PDA

View Full Version : idea maybe? dale/CRF hybrid

rollie
08-14-2006, 02:12 PM
I was thinking about this the other night and i got theTman goin on it too, what if you took a cannondale that wasnt running, took the engine out, get a 250R kit and drop a CRF450 engine in the frame, the idea of an aluminuim Framed CRF that looks like a 250R sounds awsome to me, obviously there would be alot of fabrication to get this to work, and would have to figure something out with the carrier to flip it around and where the air box/filter would go...i got bored last night so i used paint to make one:p What do you guys think?? good idea or stupid idea and im the only one that thinks its cool?

Mxjunkie
08-14-2006, 02:15 PM
I've thought about it alot, I had this idea..

Pick up a moto and rip the motor out and everything it all on ebay.

Find either a crf/yzf motor or a 330r powervalve motor and throw it in one..

theTman
08-14-2006, 02:50 PM
:o i like how you said a non running cannondale...jerk

trick450r
08-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by theTman

hahaha...as far as i've seen...it is a non-running dale...but non the less i believe in you travis, it might run some day

rollie
08-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by theTman

you know me, i would never mess with a mechanicaly sound dale:cool:

CDALEMX301
08-14-2006, 07:21 PM
People have put ktm motors in them...flip the carrier? all you need to do is spin it around no biggie there it goes in either way...As long as the dales are well maintaned and taken care of they will run fine though i dont see it worth building a hybrid

jrspawn
08-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Hey, i have heard of and seen a few dales with the crf and yz engines in them, in fact i want to say on cannandaleriders there is a girl with one done like that. Would be a neat hybrid to do, with the removable cradle shouldnt be bad at all to fab up.

CannondaleRider
08-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by CDALEMX301
People have put ktm motors in them...flip the carrier? all you need to do is spin it around no biggie there it goes in either way...As long as the dales are well maintaned and taken care of they will run fine though i dont see it worth building a hybrid

You can't just flip the carrier, you have to fabricate a new caliper mounting bracket. And install a chain buffer on the left side of the swingarm..