PDA

View Full Version : Attn: potential helmet cam buyers. Please read and respond.

tim colston
08-14-2006, 01:17 PM
I am generally a nice person but BulletCam dot com has gotten me pissed. I don't condone bashing a company but this is a copy of the e mail I just sent them today. Please read and comment because I am going to copy and send them to Bulletcam to let them know how many people will see their lack of customer service from just one person. I ask that you keep the comments mature and clean I want to present this in a dignified way and basically don't want them to think that we are a bunch of jackazz'. Here is the e-mail

To whom it may concern,

My name is Tim Colston and I have e-mailed you several times to see if your system works with my camera. It says on the website and this is a quote "Just to be safe, you should always email us with your camcorder make/model number before you buy. This way we can be certain that our products will work for you." I was in the market for a helmet cam and I researched it on the web. I liked what Bullet cam offered and was wanting to buy one. As I said I e-mailed you all several times with no response. What gives? This is also on your site:

Why Buy From Us? It's pretty simple. We've come up with a few reasons:

* Price. Our prices are so much lower than the competition, we often get people asking , "Why?"

* Products: We offer equipment that closely matches our competitors' equipment, specifications, size, etc. for far less. No wonder people ask, "Why?"

* WE RIDE! We ride dirtbikes! We race enduro's, hare-scrambles, and the occasional aggressive trailride! We beat on our Helmet-Cams so we will feel comfortable letting you do it too!

* We Innovate! Our first set of cables worked just fine. But we wanted something faster, with Quick-Release. So we designed and manufactured our Quick-Link Cable System and they are PERFECT for Helmet-Cam use!

* Warranty: Other companies offer 3 days, and 3 months. (3 days return, 3 month defective camera) What is that all about? We offer 30 days and 18 months. We KNOW what THAT'S ABOUT!

* We care! Since we ride, we know what it's like to hand your money over to someone via the internet and wonder what's going on with your order. Here, we keep you informed every step of the way. We are always available, either by phone or by email. We're here for you.

* WE KNOW! Our staff has a strong background in electronics/audio/video. We don't give false hopes. We aren't out to sell a Helmet-Cam just for a quick profit. We WANT it to work for you. Why else would you tell your friends about us

It is # 6 and # 7 that bother me. You have not made the slightest effort to convince me that "you care" and further more how can you expect people to gain any level of trust with you when your customer service before the sale quite frankly sucks. I am an avid ATV rider and belong to a couple of highly surfed atv websites that let you post vids and pics plus product reviews. I will not hesitate to tell my friends as you ask of me in the last sentence. Something needs to be done. As I am a fair person I will consider your response and post your reply on the forum section. I don't want to bad mouth any company but if it is this bad before the sale how bad can it be after.

Respectfully yours

Tim Colston

Pappy
08-14-2006, 01:31 PM
www.helmetcam.com

give them a try before you spend the money on someone who wont respond

ZATA
08-14-2006, 01:36 PM
man, i feel for ya', iv never really had a bad expiriance with a company like your going through, i truly think that if they want your buisness, they would definitally respond, and if they didnt after the first 2, they would have a rsonable explaination. i say, if they dont want your money, dont buy there product, go some where else. if you end up buying one of there cams, and it breaks, if they are not responding now they wont when you have a helmet cam. just my 2 cents tho...

tim colston
08-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Will do pappy thanks for the link. I am really interested in the Skullcam.com I spoke to Eric from their website and he was very informative and gave me the ok on my camera. I will more than likely go their path because he was so helpful. I will be spending roughly 80.00 more bucks for the skull cam but I am more interested in customer service and help than price.

tim colston
08-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ZATA
man, i feel for ya', iv never really had a bad expiriance with a company like your going through, i truly think that if they want your buisness, they would definitally respond, and if they didnt after the first 2, they would have a rsonable explaination. i say, if they dont want your money, dont buy there product, go some where else. if you end up buying one of there cams, and it breaks, if they are not responding now they wont when you have a helmet cam. just my 2 cents tho...

Great point ZATA I am not getting one from them. I agree with your post. Please keep them coming ladies and gents I really want them to see what business they are potentially (sp) missing out on.

tim colston
08-15-2006, 06:22 AM
ttt Come on guys give me some support

SwainRacing
08-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Yea try Helmetcamera.com! That is where I got mine and they are great to work with and it has the best protection out there! You will not be disapointed!

08-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Here's my take -

They did you a huge favor. BEFORE you sent them any $$$, they let you know what kind of company they are.

Save the postage, and just find another seller.

Never get into a pizzing contest with pizzers. They are better at it.

Just move on.

firefighterjosh
08-17-2006, 03:14 AM
What is a good camcorder to buy? I want a helmet cam but I have no cam corder. I don't want to spend much on something I will prally break