PDA

View Full Version : Omfg!! Warrior electrical pain!

Iliketogofast
08-14-2006, 12:51 PM
My buddy has a Warrior that will not start, ever. It can turn the motor over all day, but it seems like it just doesn't want to start unless you hook it up to a charger or bump start it.

I checked around the other day and found a blown fuse, but that was a recent problem from someone charging it wrong or something, I don't know. I changed it, and after that the lights and everything esle wouldn't work anymore, even if I hooked it up to the charger. So I fiddled with the fuse area, and if I wobble it around a bit it makes a click noise and then everything works, but it still won't start on it's own.

Sometimes if he's lucky it will start when it's warm, but it's a rare occasion. He has been through 3 batteries, and I just cannot figure out what's wrong. I went through all the wires and found nothing except for that fuse link which I fixed.

It almost seems like the battery can't hold a charge, ever... But even when he puts a new one it it still won't work.

Keep in mind, I'm not around him all the time so there's no telling what kind of idiot crap he does to it while I'm gone... What would happen if he didn't fill the battery with electrolyte? Would it work at all?

pimpin330ex
08-14-2006, 01:20 PM
i would imagine the battery wouldent work if you dident put the electrolyte in. but there must be something else wrong with it if it works then drains the battery are the valves adjusted right? is the carb clean? or maybe it could be the Starter Solenoid or bad spark. just check little things.

02440exkid
08-14-2006, 01:57 PM
ya it sounds like a weak spark i would test it and chang the plug idk just a few sugestions:)

bwamos
08-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Check all of your contacts leading to the CDI.

I bet you have some corroded/oxidized contacts. Cleam them all with a wire brush (or R-4) and hook them back up with some dilithium grease to keep the water out.

You're probably getting some resistance across some of your contacts in the wiring harness.

tye101
08-14-2006, 05:05 PM
sounds like a direct short,, the clicking sound is the arc, it drains your battery and over time ruins it