PDA

View Full Version : Michigan riders Please reply

barbwire44
10-12-2001, 08:41 AM
Hey im from ohio and have been told theres some pretty good dune riding in michigan just wanted to see the best place to go and is it as good as they say. Ive never rode in sand so i dont have a clue what its like. Thanx:devil

moto93
10-12-2001, 09:14 AM
There's only one place you can ride the dunes in Michigan and that's Silver Lake. It's not very big (450 acres) and gets pretty rough at times but if you've never been there you should check it out. By the way, the dunes close for the year on Oct. 31.

Here's the Silver Lake webpage:

http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/ParkDetail.asp?LinkID=110&sec=camp&ParkID=63

Hope this helps,

sly400ex
10-17-2001, 07:16 PM
I went up there labor day weekend, I thought it was awesome!!! I've also been to Badlands, it was nice there, but I couldn't find all the the god trails. ( I was with some guys on dirtbikes that didn't want to explore) I recomemend Silver Lake.

10-22-2001, 12:58 PM
Silver Lake is a great place to spend a day or weekend but due to its limited size you might get a little tired of it after a while. I can't imagine going there to often, 6-8 weeks at least between visits. I hear Rose City has trails to one side and some (a lot less than Silver Lake) dunes to the other side with a campground in the middle that allows you to ride right to the trails. If anyone knows more about Rose City, Mi. please post something.

nakomis0
10-22-2001, 06:40 PM
Rose City is a decent place to ride. It use to be awesome there ..but.. DNR has been cracking down real bad the last couple fo years.

Bulls Gap is there its a nice little sand hill people drag race up. It use to be on a holiday weekend there would be easily 500+ people, now they made new rules you'll be lucky to see a dozen peeps.

Some nice oRV trails around they area.

One of the best parts as far as I'm concerned is Ogama Trail. Its a camp ground with tons of trails, a decent track with whoops, doubles, triples, and other nice jumps and stuff.
Back in the trails theres a hill called the 'Impossible' thats sent a few bikes tumbling back down (including mine:) ), mud holes and other trail stuff.

Another neat thing about the park is when you enter you sign over you life and you have alot of freedom to do what you want, ride double, triple, no helmet ... whatever. probably drink and ride too:huh hard to recall haven't been there in a yr.

09-02-2002, 05:25 PM
If you fancy Dune Riding, Michigan's Silver Lake is the best Dune riding offered in the State. If you want wooded trails with some Sand Hill Climbs, try the Bull Gap trail system. (Mio, MI). You can stay at Mack Lake Campground and the trail system goes right from the campground. Worth Checking Out...

lil400exman
09-03-2002, 09:44 AM
i have a very good one it is cedar creek in muskgon it is sand dunes but it has wooded dunes one of a kind place love it i think 3,000 acres of land they own its failry close to lake michigan i i am goona go there in the end of sep.:devil