View Full Version : Lowered 450R

81built2hill81
08-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Just Putin My Quad Ot There To See What Yall Think. I Did It For A Flat Drag. Its Now Back To Stock Height I Just Though It Looked Cool.

81built2hill81
08-14-2006, 09:29 AM
I Forgot To Ask For Yalls Opinion I Ordered A LRD Carbon PRO 4 R Full Exhaust System And A Pro Design Filter Kit With A K&N and I Was Wondering If I Should Go With A HRC CAM, Or A Hot Cam Stage 1 Or 2, or Any Other. Im Lookin For Bottom To Midrange Power. I Know This Is Just An Opinon But Least It Gives Me Some Background on Them.

tltcracing
08-14-2006, 02:36 PM
everything you ordered is awsome stuff. as for the cam... i think the HC 2 is the more low to mid range cam (HRC is high, HC 1 is mid to high). oh and did you swap out the front shocks to get it that low? thats what it look like to me.

81built2hill81
08-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Yea those are My Stock 300ex front shocks. Since i have a 400ex frontend on the 300ex i figured i would try them out. but i dont recomend it if you are going to be doing wheelies or jumpin at all cause the shocks bottom out really easy and allow the frame to hit really hard up front. i have a ac full skid on it and when i came down from a wheelie if bottomed out and flipped me and the quad over. i now have a broken collar bone, ribbs and sholder blade. not a good idea if there is any of that goin on.

81built2hill81
08-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Here is another look from the front. This Pic Is After The Wreck. You Can See THe Bars Are A Little Bent And The Left Front Rim Is Bent But U Can Only Notice It When You Ride So Im Ordering A Set Of Hyper Wheels w/ Red Rings And A Trail Tech Bar Clamp And Bars Soon So That All Will Be Fixed.

Flyin-Low
08-14-2006, 05:02 PM
I hope ya did good in your drag atleast man, that really sucks that ya ate it... Hah, i guess Honda put bigger shocks on the 450 for a reason... lol

-Martin

tltcracing
08-14-2006, 05:57 PM
that is almost spot on for getting the arms level. i have seen ppl make a metal brace for a shock in drag racing. just a long aluminum rod.

81built2hill81
08-14-2006, 06:21 PM
yea it was kinda a night before thing. the front was easy but a mistake in the end. i spent to much time machining a rear link and didnt get to test and tune it before the drags. so in one of my passes i pulled a huge ***** Wheelie and the wreck happend when it came down after i crossed the line. ha ha ha i won but didnt finish the class. the only thing i was riding was an ambulance to the hospital. but im doin pretty good i will be back on it in a few months when this collar bone heals. the ribbs and the sholder blade are healin quick. the collar bone is slow though.

CHEVYZ
08-14-2006, 06:28 PM
I would pick up the front a little more to match the rear. Other than that, looks good! As for the cam, the HRC is bottom to mid on the 06. Very good cam IMO. I have had great results with mine.. well, the entire HRC kit as a whole! Makes people look twice when they see a bike with stock exhaust taking them out LOL.