PDA

View Full Version : 88 chatter noise

redwing310r
08-14-2006, 08:50 AM
ive got a totally rebuilt stock looking [ i mean everything] 88 trx ct310r. with 20,000$ invest..w/ 2 weeks glamis time on top end...bottom is 5 yrs old w? straight cut gears and everything is new..runs and operates fine...but in neutral when i blip[ the throttle...theres a sound like some thing..like a rumble...in the bottom end ..almost like the clutch baskets chewed..or wobbling. notch on the fibers looked a little worn on right side but not alot .. its a hinson with stock guts no visable wear on basket or plates [ 6 yrs old]... oil was good no contamination ...wondering if its a bad bearing or something......ive had this bike for years and i know it well... im stumped.....any thoughts ?????? many thanks!!:mad:

707trx250r
08-14-2006, 09:02 AM
The R makes a funny noise in the bottom end. I'm not sure that is what your nose is but it could be. It isn't that hard to pull off the cluch cover so you may want to so you can see if anything is up.
Adam

Iliketogofast
08-14-2006, 12:23 PM
They all make a noise in the bottom that sounds like someone knocking really fast on wood.

The way you make it sound, though, it may be something different. Take the covers off and give it a look, or at least try and post a sound clip for us.

redwing310r
08-14-2006, 04:54 PM
duh.... its was the hinson basket....not notched though....8 yrs of pounding...i noticed the gear behind it had funny little tick marks on it ....not to mention it was moving like a snap on swivel.....thanks any way.

beerock
08-16-2006, 11:13 PM
the needle bearings for the cbasket which are on the main shaft right?

replace them you should be good.

another bearing you might want to replace is the large counter balancer bearing, the gear has to be marked and then pressed off, then align the mark install the new bearing and press the gear back on