PDA

View Full Version : EX and R Suspension Differences

Evan
08-25-2002, 01:48 AM
I noticed several things after racin the R. The R will bottom the whole chassis out b4 it bottoms the shocks out. This must mean the shock mounts are higher allowing it to sit lower. So what happens if you put long travel shocks without long travel a-arms? I am thinking of getting long travel TCS and maybe some long travel a-arms but not sure what kind. Also the rear does not look like it has any travel at all, looks as if the airbox or something would hit all the time. But it seems to work. How could you increase travel in the rear, No Link? if so what airbox do you use? Another thing I noticed is that when the lip of a jump is crooked, it doesnt throw the R crooked as much as the EX, I guess due to light weight. Another thing I noticed is looking at the a-arms on the EX they are angled down, when you look at the R they are nearly parallel with the ground. I had some other simple observations but I cant remember them. Oh and the +2/+1 a-arms on the EX will lock up win turned completely one way. The Rs wont. Post any helpful info here please.

cdalejef
08-26-2002, 08:10 AM
Does the R have the stock shocks on it? You can't put long travel shocks on without long travel a-arms.

Evan
08-26-2002, 01:32 PM
No right now it has axis triple rates. But what good is the shock if you cant use all of its travel.

cdalejef
08-26-2002, 01:53 PM
Ok that makes since. They are self sagging shocks and they have a whole lot more travel than stock.

Clay
08-26-2002, 05:29 PM
Just raise the ride height on them, or bump up the compression a couple clicks. I have comp. adjust triple rates on the front of my R. When i got them, the comp. was set on 4. They were pretty harsh, so i took them down to one. Then the frame started bottoming, so i just upped the comp. to level 2, and things are working beautifully. SO, give that a try and see how it works.

Evan
08-26-2002, 05:38 PM
I may raise the ride height some. I have them set on 8 and on most jumps they do fine but when they bottom you really know it because the whole frame slams the ground, I am thinking of getting the compression bumped up when I get them rebuilt.

Clay
08-26-2002, 05:46 PM
Yeah, sounds like you might need too man. My axis are brand new, but I have had NO complaints. I am sooo happy with them. BIGGG improvement over my old works. :devil