PDA

View Full Version : Solution for those of you that have gotten an aftermarket rim stuck on your hub.

Titanium
08-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Well i never did put up how i got my itp rims off. it all started once upon a time when i put a non tapered rim on and put tapered lug nuts on. therefor squeezing the rim around the threads making it stuck on the hub. the simplest way to get the rim off of the hub is to take the rim AND the hub off as one piece. then set the tire and rim on a flat surface and take a piece of wood or a plastic malet and beat the hub off of the rim. this gives you more room to work with and not have to worry about hitting your disk brake and bending it up. also really shortens down the work time of beating on your rim tryin to get it off. and also does not risk gettin your rim bent up.

indyZrider
08-14-2006, 06:06 PM
which itp rims did you do this with?

yellowzo3
08-14-2006, 06:16 PM
i have ITP T-9 Bajas and mine got stuck also. it was a pain to get them off.

YFZ450Ridr
08-14-2006, 08:22 PM
did that with my bajas on the ol z. i took a somewhat long 2x4 and beat them off. lesson well learned..

indyZrider
08-15-2006, 05:59 AM
i have c-series on the rear and baja's on the front. i just turned my lugnuts around and used the flat side when i first got the new wheels.