PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale Speed

firefighterjosh
08-13-2006, 10:32 PM
My dad has a Cannondale speed 02 with a HMF pipe and Remapped with the Blaze/moto map. The engine has all the upgrades, studs, powder coated mag head ect. The thing is Brand new looking. prally under 50 Hours on it. How much roughly is it worth? He says he is too old to ride it and want a 4x4 and no dealerships want it. One place would give him 1500. He was like hell no i will keep it.

13th Grave
08-13-2006, 11:03 PM
They usually go from 2,000 to 2,500, unless it's a moto or a blaze.

firefighterjosh
08-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by 13th Grave
They usually go from 2,000 to 2,500, unless it's a moto or a blaze.

He said he would only sell it for 4k Minimum. Lets strart bidding.....do I hear 4k 4k 4k come on ppl.....

13th Grave
08-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Let's see some pics but I don't think your gonna get 4k out of it not to be an *** or knocking your price it's just what I seen them go for. Hell you could get a badass moto or blaze for that price and with all updates.

firefighterjosh
08-13-2006, 11:23 PM
O I know, I have never seen them go for that much, he was just curious of what it would go for. He doesn't really care if he sells it or not, but if someone really wanted it, he would sell for 4k.

13th Grave
08-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Oh O.K., Can you get pics I like to see it.

firefighterjosh
08-13-2006, 11:43 PM
I will see what I can do

scremnbnshee350
09-12-2006, 03:27 PM
i smoked a speed cannondale yesterday with my stock banshee

jesshamner
09-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Did you try selling this thing at the Cannondale websites?

CannondaleRider
09-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by scremnbnshee350

.....thanks for the input :rolleyes:

yamadjs08
09-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
.....thanks for the input :rolleyes:
Yeah no kidding. Look at all of his posts, 4 of his 6 posts are "I smoked this with my stock banshee" blah blah blah. Who seriously cares, you own a 20 year old quad, everybody knows what a stock banshee is like...

firefighterjosh
09-12-2006, 07:12 PM
scremnbnshee350,
lol I hope you were joking.

No he can't make up his mind if he wants to sell it. I told him I would put in on a site for him, but he always makes up excusses, "I Need to clean it" (Its spotless), blah blah blah. He always says he wants to sell it but then he takes it for a ride and wants to keep it. I don't think he will get rid of it. I will take pics tommorow. I forgot to do it last week.

jesshamner
09-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
He always says he wants to sell it but then he takes it for a ride and wants to keep it.

The cannondale seems to have that same effect on a lot of people. :)

firefighterjosh
09-12-2006, 07:48 PM
I My mom calls it
Chity Chity Bang bang. Since it sounds like its always going to explode.

I like the Cdale. Its a good ride, very fast I am so suprised.

I have a question......When you push the throttle before you start it on your cdales does it faul the plug right away? My dads does that. I can just guess its the fuel pressure in the injecters.

I have done it 3 times now. I am ust the the Carb engines lol.

QuadJunkies
09-12-2006, 11:29 PM

Ummmmm...... I have beat a stock Banshee... and the point to this is?????.......who cares!!!

Cmon..... if you cant post something of use,dont post at all. :rolleyes: dont ruin his topic.
Have some respect .

cdrookie
09-13-2006, 09:09 AM
fouling plugs would require a D&M kit to fix, sounds like an offset, flowrate, or throttle recal problem(but i was never an expert on the FI stuff). i've never fouled a plug when i had mine, and i've tried to start it by holding the throttle wide open and pushing the throttle several times before hitting the button. there's no accelerator pump on the throttle body so it's not like you're dumping gas in the intake tract everytime you do it. if i remember correctly the injectors don't squirt gas till the motor gets above 400rpm's anyway. that's a benefit of having a battery with more cca's than stock, turns the motor over faster, thus faster starts.

scremnbnshee350
09-13-2006, 03:13 PM
guys, i was just joking...cannondales are way faster my banshee

TucsonCannibal
09-15-2006, 09:24 AM

Your out of your mind.... no way in h*ll did that happen

TucsonCannibal
09-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I My mom calls it
Chity Chity Bang bang. Since it sounds like its always going to explode.

I like the Cdale. Its a good ride, very fast I am so suprised.

I have a question......When you push the throttle before you start it on your cdales does it faul the plug right away? My dads does that. I can just guess its the fuel pressure in the injecters.

I have done it 3 times now. I am ust the the Carb engines lol.

I might foul the plugs, and makes it harder to start...

jesshamner
09-15-2006, 09:38 AM
If you're pushing the throttle before you try starting, it shouldn't hurt it. If you're pushing the throttle while trying to start, you're going to have problems.

firefighterjosh
09-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Hmm I got some thinking to do. I have never started it by pumping the gas but I have hit the gas right before I started it and it fouls plugs everytime.

Do you think that D&M kit will fix that?

jesshamner
09-18-2006, 07:47 AM
D&M can fix that. If your throttle calibration is off, it could be dumping fuel in while starting without even touching the thumb throttle.

witech
09-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Just from memory here. If you look at the fuel mapping tables you will see that from 0% throttle to 10% throttle at cranking speeds the fuel system dumps increasingly more fuel in up to 10%. After 10% it cutsfuel off completly. This is how just giving it a smidge of throttle kind of acts like a choke and in some cases will flood the engine. You can crank the engine at full throttle to clear the cyllinder but in my experience a fouled plug is a fouled plug. Make darn sure your throttle is calibrated and you are using a #8 plug to prevent hard cold starts. Idle speed when warm of 2200rpm is where you want to be.

When starting a cold dale do this.
1 turn key on
2 tap start button for a split second.
3 wait 3 seconds
4tap start button again for a split second
5 wait 3 seconds
6 crank with no throttle until it starts or cranks for 5 to 7 seconds. (any longer and the fuel injectors stop spraying so you are just wearing down the battery. )
If engine doesnt start wait 30 seconds and repeat.

These engines need a really good battery that will pass a load test of 125 amps at 10 volts or higher. If the quad cranks slowly fix that first or you will ALWAYS have a hard start.

witech
09-18-2006, 07:22 PM
And if your going to start a dale . Run it for at least a minute or 2 before shutting it off so the plug has a chance to warm up and burn the gas off off it.

firefighterjosh
09-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Yup thats what my dads been doing. It seems no matter what the weather is. 100 degress or 0 degress it take about 5 tries to start it cold. After that it runs like a champ.

witech
09-18-2006, 07:52 PM
You can change the cold start fuel mass for cold weather. Otherwise just getting it tuned in does the trick.

mr.stinkyfinger
09-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Dales sell well on e-bay.
I rode one recently and was totally surprized at just how strong the bike really was and just how smooth it was on the track. Big difference between my 400ex and the 440 c-dale.
They were just ahead of their time. If they came out now, since all the other bikes are going to Fuel injection, they would do great. But since they were one of the first and a small company, problems with the bikes just killed the company, and the shame of it is just that most people didn't understand how it worked or how to fix it.
Cannondales are great bikes and sought out by owners and fans of the Dales, great sound too.

freakystone
09-28-2006, 03:42 PM
I wish you luck but I dont see your dad getting more than $2500 for it max. They are/were great bikes. Too bad Cannondale went bk. I luckily sold mine Speed and Cannibal before the bottom fell out.

firefighterjosh
09-29-2006, 11:22 AM
We just washed are quads today and I took some pics. I will try to get them posted. He said he will prally just keep it and buy a small 4x4 quad. Like a 500 Bomb or something and keep the Cdale for when he wants to race around

cdembek
10-08-2006, 05:57 AM
You could always try throwing it up on

Cannondale Central