PDA

View Full Version : where do you wire kill switch into??

STEVEDU2
08-13-2006, 09:07 PM
im not sure where to wire my kill switch to.ive heard a couple different things but i want to be sure on this one so i dont burn the ecm up.i have a pro armor kill switch but if u go to there web site the wont tell you where to wire it into they just tell you to buy there wiring harness that wires into the tip over switch.so if any one can tell me where to wire it into it would be much appreciated so i dont have to spend another $30.00 on there harness that consits of 3 wires 3 connectors and instructions.

thanks

MXracer16
08-15-2006, 03:56 PM
You tap into the orange and white wire. It is located right under the front part of the plastic.

STEVEDU2
08-15-2006, 04:24 PM
thanks i will wire it up tonight.

tlronny
08-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Also make sure it is a normally closed switch for those instructions and if it isnt - then the dark green/white trace wire going into the ECU is what your after (earth the other side) for a n/o switch (not recommended).

Tastykake Kid
08-16-2006, 12:10 AM
So can someone say for sure if this Pro Armor kill switch is a Normally Opened or Normally Closed kill switch? Do we wire it to the Orange or Green wire? I've had mine for a few months now and would just like to know once and for all how to wire it up without damaging anything.

tlronny
08-16-2006, 02:30 AM
Just measure your switch with a multimeter - if it reads 0 ohms with the tether in then its n/c - if it reads infinity then its n/o.
(Personally I thought that only the Pingels were n/c and the older style ProDesign/Tusk/ProArmor were n/o but I could be wrong.)

quadracr
08-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Pro Armor is normally open