PDA

View Full Version : had my first race today

tyler3400
08-13-2006, 08:10 PM
i finally got the chance to race today it was a hairscramble at thunder ridge on the wnyoa series..all i can say was what an experiecne.. i dont know if anyof you went to the race but it was super rough. i dont know if i jsu tthink that because it was my first race or what but i thought it was. i had never done a dead engine start b4 so that didnt go over to good and i hit a tree or 2 and flopped her over on her side once but other then that it was awesome. i realized though how much endurance those B A and pro class guys msut have though.. i entered in the c class and got 11th out of 28 i think it was ,i was jsut surprrised i was able to finish it so i was deffinetly happy with it.hopefully by next race i can work on my endurance a little more anything in paticualr i should do besides ride to increase it?so who if any one else went?

bansheexcracer2
08-13-2006, 09:49 PM
good job finnishing your first race. Ridding is the best thing you can do for trainning. But it has to be at a race pace in the same type of terain you will be racing in, and for the same amount of time or longger.

tyler3400
08-14-2006, 08:29 AM
is there anything i should watch paticularly that will wear out fast?im running a pretty much stock 400ex. i jsut started my job today so i will be adding things to it every so often but what are some things i should keep an eye on? thanks

sspalco
08-14-2006, 11:14 AM
change your oil everyrace and oil filter just about every other race, grease your bearings like swingarm bearings and axle bearings about every 3 or 4 races, i change my air filter every race/ride...

LT80
08-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Tortous and the hare dude!
learn to ride consistant then worry about going faster.
As you seen, fast without consistancy puts you in tree's. :)
LOL, I say this from expierience. I took a tree on big! Took the top right off my steering stem.<G>
As for future machine improvements, 2 items first,,,
1(cheap) steering stabilizer
2) (expensive) shocks

Congrats! 11 out of 28 is a great finish for your first race. :)

bansheexcracer2
08-14-2006, 03:55 PM
get a tires, stabilizer. bars and shocks. then pipe, air filter, cam. Just watch the bearings, break pads, change oil, clean the air filter.

tyler3400
08-14-2006, 04:41 PM
yeh i jsut got done changing the oil and filter..in the next few days i am replacing the swing arm bearings and possibly the wheel bearings and then front tires, as the whole middle tread of mine is flat form being rode ridden by the previuos owner.. and tehn it will be front brake pads with in the next 2 weeks before the next race in pennsylvania.. after that one i plan to get swing arm skida and full body and some new bars.. hopefully that will have me set for a little while to allow me to save up for suspension as i think mine is getting a little tierd out mainly the back ones.... i remember reading something about gt thunder racing or something liek that revalving and rebulding the back suspension and it being pretty good any info on this? and also the 450r shock on front id liek to do that but those two things pry wont happen for month and a half to two months..i think i have deffiently become addicted to it..all my friends who raced with me told me jksut to pace my self and not try to win it in my frist lap i quickly found out what they ment..who else is in the wnyoa series?

bansheexcracer2
08-14-2006, 05:54 PM
When I get my 450R this week I am sending my shocks to gt thunder for a revale, respring, a xc link, and some other stuff for $740.00. www.gtthunder.com You can just get 450R stock fronts which are good for a while till you can get good aftermarket or get them revalved. I dont know if the rear will work or not. If you can get the money get flexx bars, that will take away alot of your arm pump.

boot46
08-16-2006, 02:40 PM
I race the WNYOA series. There are a few other guys that come on here from time to time too. It is a very well run series!