PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP!!! KFX Dies

thebigheiny
08-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Ok, I have an 06 KFX and I can ride around all day at half throttle and it will work fine but if I full throttle it and run up through the gears it will act like its revving out and die in any gear and I wont even get to the point where it used to rev out. If anyone could give me any opinions it would be appreciated. Oh yea it is all stock by the way. Thanks

z400mafiaman
08-13-2006, 06:43 PM
the only thing i can think of is loose wiring from the cdi box. idk just an idea. not for sure

yellowzo3
08-13-2006, 06:48 PM
it sounds like your jetting could be off..im not the greatest with jetting so hopefully someone else can help you out. sorry i couldnt be of much help but i hope you get it all sorted out.

Sandgod4
08-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Bump the jetting up .10 If it runs better your heading in the right direction.. Or take the airbox lid off.. If it runs better that way you need to lean it out on the main jet.. Pull the peashooter out first before you do anything..

jonboy
08-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Hey you may want to check and see if the hose coming off the gas cap is plugged or kinked as well. Can someone tell me what the pee shooter is?

Sandgod4
08-14-2006, 04:15 PM
The peashooter is the little dime size hole in the silencer held in w/ three bolts. Take the bolts off and pull the peashooter out.. Your quad will be louder but will also run much better when jetted properly..

thebigheiny
08-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Ok so iwas going to check some of the ideas u guys had and thanks by the way but i ran into more trouble. So I was riding 1 more time before i parked it to work on it and the throttle cable broke I guess that's what it's called, the cable that goes from the thumb to its little housing. Very frustrated. So I took everything off to get to the housing and when I took the cover off it looked like water was in it and it looked corroded, don't know how that happened. Even more frustrated. So while I had access to the carb I thought I would make sure it was clean and everything. So when i got to take one of the screws off the cover it stripped on first try completely. Now even more frustrated. So it starts to get dark and I've figured I've done enough damage for one day I give up till tomorrow and I know how much it will cost to fix. Well if anybody still has any ideas on my first problem opinions are still greatly appreciated. Thanks for the ones already will try as soon as I get chance. Thanks

Sandgod4
08-14-2006, 08:49 PM
The brass screws on the bottom of the carb are known to strip out. The factory puts them waaaay to tight.. Get a pair of small vise grips and grip the head of the screw while the vise grips are laying on their side. Turn very slowly, but make sure they are tight on the head of the screw.. Have a friend hold the carb while your turn the vise grips.. When you get them out go down to Lowes and buy four allen head screws. They cost 30 cents each..

You can also use a phillips screwdriver and hit the head of the driver w/ a small hammer while turning to loosen it. This will break the seal lose.. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't..