PDA

View Full Version : need info on 88 kawi tecate 4

sonorarider
08-13-2006, 03:13 PM
wondering if anyone can help me out recently received an 88 tecate 4 help on parts etc...

sonorarider
08-13-2006, 03:16 PM
its bone stock original everything kick started it yesterday cleaned out the carb in good conditions my older uncle sold it 2 me for 1000 bucks not bad considering its got very low hours and the og tires still have thread left, want to purchase spacers asap too widened the quad out to tall and and narrow similar to the raptor, i currently own a 89 banshee with a few mods such as 2+ extended a rms, durablue eliminator wider axle and t5 pipes, but i want to get this tecate 4 up and running

wilkin250r
08-13-2006, 06:49 PM
I don't want to rain on your parade, but good luck. Those things are a bit rare, so finding parts isn't too easy.

sonorarider
08-15-2006, 09:28 PM
thanks for the help, by the way how do laker custom fenders compare with full bore plastics, my 89 shee still has the stocks and they are quite dull from the sonoran desert uv rays, also are there any powdercoating shops in either tucson or phoenix where i could take my parts to thanks ciao...

sakirocket28
08-16-2006, 10:30 AM
im not TOO familiar with the 88's, is it a 250? i have a 87 tecate 250 2 stroke. traded a kid a 93 crf80 for it...not running, but i cleaned out the carb and did all the necessary stuff to get it running and rolling. and woah does it move:macho how do you like yours?

wilkin250r
08-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by sonorarider
thanks for the help, by the way how do laker custom fenders compare with full bore plastics, my 89 shee still has the stocks and they are quite dull from the sonoran desert uv rays, also are there any powdercoating shops in either tucson or phoenix where i could take my parts to thanks ciao...

There should be several powdercoating places in Phoenix, as well as race shops and dealerships.

I can't tell you about Laker plastics, because I've never owned them. But my advice for everything else is to open the phone book and find a good race shop. Not only will they be able to help you find parts for your Tecate, but they will also have experience with local powdercoaters, and can tell you which ones have the best reputation with ATV frames and parts.