PDA

View Full Version : A little help please..

ZATA
08-13-2006, 02:53 PM
hey guys, im very new to quads in general, iv rode em all my life but never owned one. now i was origianly looking at the 400ex, or th 450ex, but there is a law in our town saying you can only ride your quad on the street if it has racks. i know i know, dont ride on the road, but thats how you get to all the trails in my town. i was wondering what quad is rather sporty, but still a ute. i want lots of power and i still want to be able to rip down trails. what ute do u suggest to me? thanks guys..

Scro
08-13-2006, 03:50 PM
I would look into a Yamaha Wolverine. It's a 450, but a different motor than the YFZ. It also has 4x4, and was designed to handle motor like a sport quad.

bigbadbrad
08-13-2006, 06:53 PM
wolverine still does not have racks, get a 400ex or a 450r and put a rack on it, quadboss sells racks for both of those machines, or if you really want a sporty 4x4 get a kingquad700 or a vinsion

Scro
08-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Sorry about that, I was thinking that it did have the racks:(

ZATA
08-14-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
wolverine still does not have racks, get a 400ex or a 450r and put a rack on it, quadboss sells racks for both of those machines, or if you really want a sporty 4x4 get a kingquad700 or a vinsion
so you can buy an aftermarket rack to put on it? got a link? if it doesnt look bad i will prolly end up doing that then..thanks guys.

Quad18star
08-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by ZATA
so you can buy an aftermarket rack to put on it? got a link? if it doesnt look bad i will prolly end up doing that then..thanks guys.

Seeing you're in Ontario , call Royal Distributing ... they have catalogues to adapt racks onto quads that didn't come with them . I believe they're from either Kimpex or Motovan .

ZATA
08-14-2006, 10:57 AM
ya thanks man, iv dealt with royaldistributing before, really good ppl, tahts prolly where i would buy them if i was going to get them.

Traindog71
08-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Kawasaki Prairie or Kawasaki Brute Force 650 SRA

Quad18star
08-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by ZATA
ya thanks man, iv dealt with royaldistributing before, really good ppl, tahts prolly where i would buy them if i was going to get them.

No problem .

I worked for Royal before , so I know they can get them quickly enough and they aren't very expensive either .

I don't know how long you're willing to wait or how much you want to pay , but if I were you , I'd wait till the Can-Am Renegade 800 hits the dealerships . Best of both worlds apparently ..... sporty feel in a 4x4 chassis .

gnarlyknobbies
08-15-2006, 03:08 PM
If you end up going the Ute route, the CanAm Outlander 800 has got the power and is very sporty. The Honda Rincon is extremely sporty and fun to ride but with less power. The new Kawi Brute Force 650I is actually a great quad. Lots of power and feels very sporty now that Kawi has improved the suspension. The Suzi Vinson is a ton of fun and lower priced, but it falls under the 500 class. I've tested all of these very heavily. Let me know if you have questions.