PDA

View Full Version : QuadProRider's Fox/Walsh/DASA LTR450

MXridin841
08-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Had to go over to Nicks house today to take pictures for him since he doesnt know how to post them online. Here is his 2006 Suzuki LTR450...enjoy!

BEFORE:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/MXridin841/bikewithmods022.jpg

AFTER:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/MXridin841/bikewithmods024.jpg

DASA PIPE:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/MXridin841/bikewithmods017.jpg

FOX SHOX:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/MXridin841/bikewithmods021.jpg

NEW POWDERCOAT AND GRAPHICS:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/MXridin841/bikewithmods023.jpg

FOX SHOX AND DASA PIPE:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/MXridin841/bikewithmods020.jpg

MA SWEET ***:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/MXridin841/bikewithmods019.jpg

WALSH LINKAGE:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/MXridin841/bikewithmods018.jpg

ULTIMATE RIMS W/ RAZOR TIRES:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/MXridin841/bikewithmods016.jpg

DG FRONT BUMPER W/ FOX SHOX:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/MXridin841/bikewithmods015.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/MXridin841/bikewithmods014.jpg

PROTAPER RC BEND:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/MXridin841/bikewithmods025.jpg

Your Welcome Nick...hopefully the YZF250 will be fixed my sunday so we can go ridin....

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/MXridin841/bikewithmods009.jpg

08-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Nice quad nick...
I never understood why Suzuki put their silencer in the middle of the quad :confused:

Rico400
08-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King
Nice quad nick...
I never understood why Suzuki put their silencer in the middle of the quad :confused:

i think its so it would be completely equal weight no matter if u cut it in half verticalls or horizontally.

but i could be completely wrong thats just what i heard.

mx1791
08-13-2006, 03:14 PM
i heard it was so the pipe didny hit the rear brake, just wut i heard, thats an amazing quad though!!!

Quadprorider
08-13-2006, 03:32 PM
The pipe being in the center is IMO a different look then any of the other 450's. How many other quads out there have center mounted exhausts except the Polaris Outlaw? I think it looks better then the side mounted exhausts maybe because it's tucked up and hidden a little more? But nobody will ever know!

yellowzo3
08-13-2006, 03:46 PM
that is a beautiful quad! very nicely done... everything looks great together. as for the exhaust in the middle of the quad i have no idea but i think it looks awesome and dont see any down side to having it like that. please get us some pictures of the 450 in action! looks great and thats a nice 250 also!

ShiftRacr400
08-13-2006, 05:02 PM
It is supposed to keep the quads center of gravity low to the ground abd equal. That is also why the battery is located on the side of the quad, along with other misc. things.

jrspawn
08-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Thats a darn tootin purdy quad:eek2:

400exMO
08-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Wow, that's a nice bike! How do those fox shocks perforM?

Warnerade
08-20-2006, 07:04 PM
I hope he didnt buy a fox rear shock and only had someone revalve his OEM rear shock...

Quadprorider
08-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
I hope he didnt buy a fox rear shock and only had someone revalve his OEM rear shock...

I'm a little confused.........ALL 3 shocks front and rear are Fox. The OEM rear shock is sitting in my garage ready to get put on eBay. Thanks

Dupontster
08-21-2006, 09:59 AM
I think I got a pic of you at Virginia Motorsports park. Heres you in the start of C class.

Dupontster
08-21-2006, 10:00 AM

Warnerade
08-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Quadprorider
I'm a little confused.........ALL 3 shocks front and rear are Fox. The OEM rear shock is sitting in my garage ready to get put on eBay. Thanks should have just had the stock rear revalved. It performs better than any other aftermarket shock on the market.

jrspawn
08-21-2006, 02:48 PM
should have just had the stock rear revalved. It performs better than any other aftermarket shock on the market.

:huh Now thats pretty interesting. Im gonna disagree with you on that one. Fox, as well as PEP and other shock manufactor's have put some good effort into building top of the line shocks, im sure a decent converted rear shock would be nice, but doubt better than race proven aftermarket shock. Also where are you getting these revalves done that perform better than aftermakret? There is alot more to shock performance than just valving.

Thank you
Justin

Warnerade
08-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
:huh Now thats pretty interesting. Im gonna disagree with you on that one. Fox, as well as PEP and other shock manufactor's have put some good effort into building top of the line shocks, im sure a decent converted rear shock would be nice, but doubt better than race proven aftermarket shock. Also where are you getting these revalves done that perform better than aftermakret? There is alot more to shock performance than just valving.

Thank you
Justin Interesting indeed, I was all ears when i heard this. Disagree if you want, but I am just going by what Harold Goodman has stated....It is not a big company, in fact..I dont even think he has a business going, but will do the shocks if you get in contact with him. I forget the guys name. Beleive it if you want, no skin off of my nose.

P.S I know there is a lot more to shock performance that just valving.

mx86250R
08-21-2006, 08:34 PM
well there are a lot of people doing stock conversions now...gtthunder, ishock, mxtech, derisi racing, PEP will soon be doing them...i went w/mx tech and am VERY pleased...but honestly valving is the most important thing in shock set up...sure quality of the shock and how it works and ride height etc are important but valving is the key ingredient...also the ltr stock shocks have blatters...aftermarket usually have a piston set up...from a few known shock builders ive talked to they have all said the shocks on the ltr is a milestone in the atv market. i mean look at the trx shocks when they first came out..u could buy them for under a 100 bucks and now you cant get them under 225-250 b/c people seen they were good..the shocks just needs a little help to show their true potential is all...anyway take what i said however you want this is just what ive heard, seen, and felt for myself...

becci4
08-28-2006, 10:26 PM
should have just had the stock rear revalved. It performs better than any other aftermarket shock on the market.

way wrong. if you buy the shocks and have them set up just for you they are the best. I have the new noleen j6 shocks fornt and back and those are badass shocks. i also have elkas on my honda that noleen did and they are just great to. and everyone knows that stock elkas blow the big one

Warnerade
08-28-2006, 10:34 PM
your opinion...

I am done discussing this. If it performs well for you, great..whatever your choice may be.

Quadprorider
08-29-2006, 12:28 PM
If I wanted your opinion I would have asked for it. If you think that I should have something different on my bike keep it to yourself because I really dont care. Obviously I have my bike set up for me not for you. END OF DISCUSSION.

aggltr
09-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Where can you get a Dasa pipe in black, never seen it b4??

TC440EX
09-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Who is Harold Goodman and how do we contact him? Thanks in advance for your help.

Quadprorider
09-03-2006, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by aggltr
Where can you get a Dasa pipe in black, never seen it b4??

FUELATV will gladly be able to hook you up. I had my can PCed but FUEL will also have a special edition that is a ceramic coated header with a black can also. I can't remember his phone number off the top of my head so if you would like send me a pm and I will find out.

Nick

brad7131
09-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Garsh, that's a purdy bike :eek2:

Race4Yamaha38
09-03-2006, 02:36 PM
damn thats nice. where did u get the all black seat cover? all i can find from quadtech is the black and blue one.

CHEVYZ
09-03-2006, 02:54 PM
I am speechless! That thing is unbelievable!

Warnerade
09-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by TC440EX
Who is Harold Goodman and how do we contact him? Thanks in advance for your help. lol...Harold is a pro ATV racer at the nationals...

Gust and Jones both said that a Noleen revalved rear shock performs better than any other shock. Obviously they cant run it becuase of their sponsorship with Fox...

beleive it, dont...no skin off my nose.

good day.

Quadprorider
09-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Race4Yamaha38
damn thats nice. where did u get the all black seat cover? all i can find from quadtech is the black and blue one.

That was one of the first covers that Quadtech made. If you call them up and tell them you like the look of the older versions they will be glad to make you one. Good luck.......

Nick

Quadprorider
09-03-2006, 07:59 PM
lol...Harold is a pro ATV racer at the nationals...

Gust and Jones both said that a Noleen revalved rear shock performs better than any other shock. Obviously they cant run it becuase of their sponsorship with Fox...

beleive it, dont...no skin off my nose.

good day.

Why are you posting on my thread about this HE SAY, SHE SAY chit??????

Warnerade
09-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Quadprorider
Why are you posting on my thread about this HE SAY, SHE SAY chit?????? you have absolutely no common sense at all.

I was asked a question. All I did was answer it...ok peter pan?

This thread is nothing but a joke...and so are you. I am just going to do what you want me to do and just not post in this thread anymore and leave your narrow minded self alone.

Have a nice labor day.

Quadprorider
09-03-2006, 08:16 PM
I'm tired of you with all your BS and I think it's safe to say that so is everyone else.

jrspawn
09-03-2006, 08:28 PM
you have absolutely no common sense at all.

I was asked a question. All I did was answer it...ok peter pan?

This thread is nothing but a joke...and so are you. I am just going to do what you want me to do and just not post in this thread anymore and leave your narrow minded self alone.

Have a nice labor day.

Yeah i did some custom valving on my stock shocks, they are WAY better than anything out there, WAY better:eek2: Check it out.

Quadprorider
09-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks for sending me such a great PM NacsRacer027 I appreciate it:

you have got to be the biggest ****ing idoit I think I have ever encountered on this website..and i've been here for about 5 years now. If you really are that pucker *** about this whole ****ing shock deal. Call Noleen suspension, get your shock done. Ride with that after riding with your all mighty fox rear...Guarantee it will be better. Well..nvm...you are a c-class racer so i doubt you could tell a difference anyway. You say its nothing but "he says she says"...well...I say your a damn fool. My buddy has sold about 40,000 worth in parts from harold goodman the past 2-3 years...all of his bikes, parts..from the past seasons. I personaly know him and heard it from his mouth before, and this weekend I confirming it not only with my buddy who talks to him daily about updates on selling his parts, but also 2 other racers that are good friends who have been riding with harold for years. So until YOU know what the **** YOU are talking about. Unplug your keyboard you ****ing moron. Do not quote me anymore, all you do is make yourself look ignorant.

Warnerade
09-04-2006, 11:08 AM
your welcome:)

jrspawn
09-04-2006, 12:29 PM
nacsracer, how old are you and what class do you race nationally? I think you have proven how BIG of a douche(spelling) bag you are, to come on here on someone olses post and try to bash his quad up, you have to be the biggest jerk ive seen on here in a while. And to send a PM like that to some one, man you really have some guts. It really sounds like you know what you are talking about too:eek2: Oh yeah well my friend knows a friend that sells parts to a friend thats the uncle of the friend of a pro, and he says this. :rolleyes: Guess what everyone likes different things, and has opinions. THIS thread was a thread to show off a quad, not to interegate the owner because he takes pride in his quad and buys the best of parts for it. Please enlighten us about your quad. I bet she's one bad machine with all the knowledge you have.

It REALLY makes me mad when idots and a holes like you bash someone else's thread, 99.9% out of the time because they are jealous. Writing a post like "i hope you didnt buy a fox rear shock rather than have it rebuilt" or something along those idiotic lines, thats a F'd up thing to say man, and for that you have opened yourself up for it. Myself along with quadprorider know just a couple pro's also, we feel very special just like you:D So im sure when i spread the word about you and shock perf. excellence, we'll have ALL the pros wanting to take your word. Have a good day pal.

Justin

Warnerade
09-04-2006, 12:47 PM
your PM box is full good buddy:)