View Full Version : lengthen stock swing arm

redwing310r
08-13-2006, 07:58 AM
im upgrading my 88 310 to a 350esr pv...the thing shoots to the sky now ....want to lengthen stock arm...is it possible...and how much longer ...i ride dunes in winter and motocross in off dune season..so i still want to "handle" turns....but keep the front end planted. any ideas ? thanks

flying dutchman
08-13-2006, 08:04 AM
dont lengthen your swinger
just ride the 350 as much as you can till you find the right spot on the seat to keep the front end down :)
i have a quadzilla 500 my quad did the same i couldnt keep the front down till i found the right spot on the seat and now i have to help it to get up because i am used to be on the right spot :)

250Renvy
08-13-2006, 08:55 PM
I've got a +6 lengthened stock aluminum swingarm. I rode it for a while in trails and everywhere else and it still handled great all you need is a 120 link chain. Keeps the front down quite well.

PM me I can send pics. I gotta take the axle and everything out though.

gbcap
08-14-2006, 07:43 AM
i have a 450r....got an aftermarket swinger that is 1.25 longer. it handles great and helps keep the front planted on the ground.

i would find an aftermarket one to buy before lengthening. esp if your riding motocross. you need it to be able to take alot of stress.