PDA

View Full Version : Jon Guetter no back-flip today??? wtf?

03400EX_Nacs
08-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Well, I am out here at Loretto Lynn's (in the hotel), and the freestyle show was tonight, and I am very disappointed. After a long day of racing, I am ready to hit the showers, get food, and hit the sack. I decided to stay for the Atriax freestyle show. Why? This... and I quote it from http://www.racerproductions.com/
"In an effort to raise money for recently paralyzed Anthony Mastrocola and Jeremiah Jones, there will be a benefit auction on Sunday with some amazing items up for bid along with the sale of Jeremiah Jones 2 wristbands all weekend. Also, Akraix’s Jon Guetter has decided to bust out his insane back-flip in Saturday’s ATV Freestyle Show to help raise money for both Anthony and Jeremiah, so this will truly be a weekend of racing and entertainment you won’t want to miss. "

So what's up? Conditions not good? At the very beginning of the freestyle show the first thing Jon said was," My names Jon Guetter, and I wont be riding today". And also he said," I have a show tomorrow, and I don't want to risk anything." He didn't even ride. Not only am I disappointed in him not doing it because I wanted to see it, but also because he was suppose to be doing it for an ATV hero, Jeremiah Jones.

440bigborekit
08-12-2006, 09:21 PM
ooooo so only some shows are good enought for him to make money and please the fans thats real nice....

Aceman
08-12-2006, 09:27 PM
^^^The mature thing to do would be to hear Jon's side of the story before you make comments like that.:o

03400EX_Nacs
08-12-2006, 09:30 PM
ummm first of all jon had a chance to explain... several. the guy with the mic kept trying to get him to talk.. he didnt say that much.. and like the quote says he has decided to do it.. so if he didnt he should have explained why when he had the chance.

Aceman
08-12-2006, 09:38 PM
The arrows in my post meant I was referring to the guy directly above my post. He doesn't know if it was about the money or what the real reason was.

03400EX_Nacs
08-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
The arrows in my post meant I was referring to the guy directly above my post. He doesn't know if it was about the money or what the real reason was.
my bad i see what you are saying but it is a possibilty

Toadz400
08-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Well, if what you quoted from him is true than I believe that was just low of him. " I have a show tomorrow, and I don't want to risk anything." - If that's true, then why does he backflip at all? Everytime he does it he's at risk, so maybe he shouldn't do the next day's show because he doesn't want to risk anything for the next show...and so on. My respect for him just keeps getting lower.

allstock
08-12-2006, 11:49 PM
maybe he did it as advertisement for the next show so more people will go to that show to see him flip

440bigborekit
08-13-2006, 06:39 AM
^^^^^^^ will you stop kissing his arse ,hes a total ******* for not doing that show i dont care who sees me saying it neither our sport is all about taking risks if he doesent want to tell him to stop riding and start playing golf or something cuz this aint for him and if i sound harsh tobad what he said to the fans was a stab in there back honestly becuase he was the highlight of the show and he didnt even ride for them thats messed up nomatter what anybody says i just lost all the respect i had for him and i hope he sees this mabie theres more to the story were missing but hes gonna have to tell us beucase as of rigt now hes the only one that did wrong.

-brian

allstock
08-13-2006, 08:52 AM
it was just an idea :rolleyes: but yea i lost respect for him too but personally i never really cared for the backflip yea its dangerous and yea he didnt want to take the risk and that makes alot of people lost respect for him and yes, our sport is about taking risks. it didnt really make sense to me of him not doing the flip so i just looked at it as something that would more sense then the reason 03400EX_Nacs said

HtFoxChick
08-13-2006, 11:03 AM
I can understand your disapointment. Talking with Derek, it was muddy and I can only assume, tires were spinning. I wasn't there but I can only guess that the mud was a factor.

Was the show clean for Derek and Caleb? I understand Caleb had a big crash racing.

miller821
08-13-2006, 12:47 PM
I see your disappointment, but maybe he had a gut feeling or wasn't feeling the greatest that day.

MXRACER118
08-13-2006, 01:29 PM
I agree that we should let John explain himself before we start busting his balls, but I think a lot of these freestylers are starting to get cocky, they walk around like their **** don't stink because they can throw a few tricks when they jump. I can certainly appreciate how hard it is to do freestlye and talented they are at jumping and landing, but they get way too much publicity for it, They don't train and work half as hard as racers. To race you have to dedicate your life to it, freestlyle is always just a sideshow. The fact alone that he commited to doing a show and then backed out at the last minute shows his immaturity and disrespect. I can understand if he didn't want to flip due to the conditions or something but to not do anything at all??! Unless all he knows how to do now is flip?

HtFoxChick
08-13-2006, 02:19 PM
The guys know exactly how hard racing is, trust me. They will be the first to admit that racing isn't easy!!! You guys are in such good shape to last threw a whole race. Derek raced a couple times and he knows it's hard. Major props to you guys!!!

Bottom line tho is, safety, and you'll do whats nessarary to keep it that way.

I don't want to argue, just give Jon a chance to explain when he gets off the road.

(I read on the Home page, the press release and he was planning on just being there and if conditions were right, he'd flip. Wind, rain and in this case mud, are factors to consider.)

440bigborekit
08-13-2006, 02:38 PM
^^^^ i hear where you coming from cuz its your brother and stuff but i talked to a few of the guys and jon is deff. the most cocky one cuz he can flip and everybody wants to see him and if it waent so safe why did everybody else ride besides him and last time i checked he could do a lil more then just flipping so he shoulda have atleast rode even if he didnt flip its still cool to se him ride and i know your his sister and your gonna have his back but his attitude changed alot since he got the flip down srry.

wilkin250r
08-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Having met Jon Guetter in person a few months back, I can tell you that he is a consummate professional.

His mind seemed to always be on his work. He was the first of the group to put on his gear to prepare for the show. When the whole gang went back to the hotel between shows, Jon was the one to say "Time to head back to the arena". When a few of us went out that night to have a few drinks (okay, a LOT of drinks), Jon stayed back because he had a show the next day and obligations to his fans. If there was any hint of inappropriate behavior backstage, Jon was the one to speak up and correct it. (I brought beer backstage, I didn't realize it was taboo).

Bottom line is, Jon was ALWAYS focused and serious about his work. He didn't strike me as the type to cancel an apprearance because he's trying to hype his next show, or because he had a gut feeling, or a hangover, or headache, or a his girlfriend broke up with him, a hangnail.

If he canceled, I HAVE to assume it was a good reason. Maybe he didn't think the conditions were safe. Maybe there was an equipment problem.

I'm not going to tell you that Jon and I are best buddies. But I have seen him in action backstage, I have seen his personality. He's just not the type to back out lightly.

Hondadudeehhhh
08-13-2006, 06:21 PM
stop complaining, if jon didnt feel it was right then let it be. We dont want to see another rider get injured. If you wanted to see it so bad why didnt you go for it tough guy ?:rolleyes:

Honda400exrox
08-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Who are you ppl to complain? You cant bad mouth someone unless you can do what they are doing better then them, And I dont think you can pull backflips so STFU 03400EX_Nacs you whining biatch

derekhonda
08-13-2006, 07:27 PM
I see where both sides are coming from, no need to really whine about it...it didnt happen, ohwell.

I just think about it like this. Last weekend when i went to the brickyard 400...I bought my tickets to watch a nascar race. If I went there and it was a trike race....I would have been mad.

03400EX_Nacs
08-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
Who are you ppl to complain? You cant bad mouth someone unless you can do what they are doing better then them, And I dont think you can pull backflips so STFU 03400EX_Nacs you whining biatch
please stop breathing... anyway i am just asking for an explanation. i went with what i was told from a trusted site. i do understand that if the conditions weren't right why Jon wouldn't do it. the smallest thing could go wrong and it could cause an accident. but if this were so why didnt he say anything? i mean at the least i think he could have mentioned why he wasn't riding. freestyle isn't easy and i wouldn't ever try it. but Jon being the hero to a lot of upcoming freestylers, and just to be able to see this man ride (because it will prolly be the last chance i get to see Atriax) would have pleased me enough.... on the other hand mad props to Moore... not only a kickass freestyle rider but an awesome racer! did a good job today.

flyin#5
08-13-2006, 09:00 PM
there is something you racers dont understand as well. in freestyle you either have that feeling, or you dont. he could've just not been feeling it that day.. and conditions can definetly play a roll with that. there is a place for crazy, and there is a place for smart. you always have to play smart, until you know you can get crazy.

as far as doing anything else... well jon doesnt anymore. i personally think its weak that he doesnt... but its his choice. he gets paid to flip, and for the most part he is the only one doing them.. i doubt he wants to mess that up.

Nick110
08-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
there is something you racers dont understand as well. in freestyle you either have that feeling, or you dont. he could've just not been feeling it that day.. and conditions can definetly play a roll with that. there is a place for crazy, and there is a place for smart. you always have to play smart, until you know you can get crazy.

as far as doing anything else... well jon doesnt anymore. i personally think its weak that he doesnt... but its his choice. he gets paid to flip, and for the most part he is the only one doing them.. i doubt he wants to mess that up.

I agree with everything you said beisdes the "feeling it " part. In raceing sometimes your not feeling it but you still got a race to do, so you do it.

Quad18star
08-13-2006, 09:30 PM
That sucks about him not flipping . Like it was said , something probably wasn't right . An explanation to the crowd as to why he wasn't going to flip probably would have been the best thing to do .

I know if I'd have been there with expectations of seeing him flip , and it not happening , I would be quite disappointed . I know most people go to the races to watch the races , but there's a few people that aren't interested and probably paid the entry fee just to see him flip .

Pappy
08-13-2006, 09:59 PM
The flip was added at the last minute and was only advertised on the web. The official advertisments did not state he would be doing the flip.

Hey, if the man made a decision then he made it. The one on the seat makes the determination of what happens, not the crowd or any one on the internet.

kyleschonert
08-13-2006, 10:23 PM
he said that it was two muddy, and that they usually had the gap about 10-15 feet back. And he had a show tom. I know some of this has been posted before. But i thought i would add on. some of you people are giving him an awful lot of hell when no one else can pull off a back flip, let-alone have the balls to do something that crazy. Give the guy a break. Akraix didnt even have to come and do this show at all, but they chose to. And if it was muddy, they deff. didnt have to put themselves into even more danger. Just leave them alone about it. And whoever said they think those freestylers are cocky, nah. Derek was walking to the trailor to get ready for the show and my dad and me stopped him to tell him goodluck and to be careful and he didnt blow us off at all like those damn supercross racers would, he was nice enough to stop, and talk for a sec and thank us.

Jarrett20
08-13-2006, 11:59 PM
I was at the show today (Sunday the 13th) Him and a few other Akraix riders came to my home town for the Interstate Fair and put on an awesome show. I'm sorry all you guys at Loretta's did not get to see him do the backflip. He busted out two backflips during the night and that's all he did... He let his brother and the dirtbikers put on the rest of the show for us.

They also filmed a little bit for The Fallout: Vol 2 as well. Was the Loretta's show a freebie type deal just to raise money or what? All in all it was a great show and sorry for the Loretta viewers not getting the chance to see the backflip.

08-14-2006, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by kyleschonert
he said that it was two muddy, and that they usually had the gap about 10-15 feet back. And he had a show tom. I know some of this has been posted before. But i thought i would add on. some of you people are giving him an awful lot of hell when no one else can pull off a back flip, let-alone have the balls to do something that crazy. Give the guy a break. Akraix didnt even have to come and do this show at all, but they chose to. And if it was muddy, they deff. didnt have to put themselves into even more danger. Just leave them alone about it. And whoever said they think those freestylers are cocky, nah. Derek was walking to the trailor to get ready for the show and my dad and me stopped him to tell him goodluck and to be careful and he didnt blow us off at all like those damn supercross racers would, he was nice enough to stop, and talk for a sec and thank us.

I too was at LL's and heard them say something about the ramp was not in the position that Jon normally likes for it to be when he flips and then I thought to myself, isn't that his responsibility to tell the ground crew where to place the equipment??? Very odd I thought!

Loser450
08-14-2006, 06:31 AM
The show was alright. I think the drunks on the Rhino put on a better show than the freestyle, but thats just me.

trick250r
08-14-2006, 06:44 AM
well, i think that when someone can learn the flip w/o a foam pit and start doing variations such as the cliff flip, you can start to question jon. untill then, i think hes a lil better than most, if not all, of us. :rolleyes:

Warnerade
08-14-2006, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by 03400EX_Nacs
please stop breathing... anyway i am just asking for an explanation. i went with what i was told from a trusted site. i do understand that if the conditions weren't right why Jon wouldn't do it. the smallest thing could go wrong and it could cause an accident. but if this were so why didnt he say anything? i mean at the least i think he could have mentioned why he wasn't riding. freestyle isn't easy and i wouldn't ever try it. but Jon being the hero to a lot of upcoming freestylers, and just to be able to see this man ride (because it will prolly be the last chance i get to see Atriax) would have pleased me enough.... on the other hand mad props to Moore... not only a kickass freestyle rider but an awesome racer! did a good job today. son..you are just a fool.

markeg192
08-14-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by trick250r
well, i think that when someone can learn the flip w/o a foam pit and start doing variations such as the cliff flip, you can start to question jon. untill then, i think hes a lil better than most, if not all, of us. :rolleyes:

So True

Johnny & Monica
08-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Mark I saw Kelly at Walmart and she said you and Bud headed down to watch the show on Sunday in Kansas. How was it? I didn't hear about it until it was too late to go.:( Did they let you take in camera's or video cams? If so, did you get any?

03400EX_Nacs
08-14-2006, 03:59 PM
liked the reasoning... care to explain?

Jarrett20
08-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Mark I saw Kelly at Walmart and she said you and Bud headed down to watch the show on Sunday in Kansas. How was it? I didn't hear about it until it was too late to go.:( Did they let you take in camera's or video cams? If so, did you get any?

I live in the town they did the show at in Kansas... They did allow cameras and camcorders. I took mine in and got both the backflips that Jon did. If i ever get a chance to upload the file i can PM it to you if you would like.

Wired
08-14-2006, 09:12 PM
wow i cant believe what im reading. first off i'd like to say im sorry for not riding at loretta's, i originally wasn't even suppose to be there but i thought i'd stop out and see what loretta's was like in person. then 2 days before i was suppose to leave i told some people i might flip down there if conditions were right. i was contracted to do a show this past sunday night in coffeyville ks and not at loretta's. Derek and Caleb were the only 2 riders that were suppose to do the demo there. Unfortunately it was muddy and with me being in this situation before i didnt want to risk getting hurt because last time i flipped in mud i landed on my back. still got the scars to prove it. and for people there saying i didnt give any explanations i think you only heard what you wanted to hear because i remember saying 5 times that it was too muddy and that conditions were unsafe on the microphone. im always safety first! flips are no joke and i know that as a fact. if the slightest thing is off it could be very risky so i decided not to flip. and for the people saying we're cocky... where the heck are you basing this off of? i talk to everyone that approaches me. i love meeting fans but im not the type of guy that walks around thinking im a huge star... i keep to myself most of the time BECAUSE i dont want to be portrayed as being cocky. well im in a hotel right now so i'll get back to this subject when i get home this weekend. man you guys are cruel, i try to do a good thing and get shot down for it. :(

Jarrett20
08-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Thank you for clearing some things up Jon! I would like to thank you for coming and doing the show in Coffeyville! It was awesome

Ralph
08-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Jon, dont let the people in this thread throw you off. I thought this thread was crazy too.

I think the fact that you were contracted for another show is enough of a reason not to perform in itself.

ITS HIS JOB. How he makes his living. So if he is set to perform to help him make money then he will not take a bigger risk than normal if it could jeapordize getting paid.

I think the things in this thread that were said are very low and i hope jon will not think differently of this site because of them. He has been a member on this site longer than almost everyone in this thread, get off his back.

440bigborekit
08-14-2006, 09:44 PM
jon ill admit that i was the first one to say i thought you were cocky but you just coming on here to clear things up and not blowing it off made my mind change totally dude i know you dont give a chit but im srry for the coments i was just pissed cuz they made it seem like you just didnt feel like riding at the show but i was wrong srry bro i didnt realy know the conditions now that i do you were right i woldent have rode either

edit- yea ill admit my mistakes so dont bash me for it alright

Johnny & Monica
08-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Jarrett20
I live in the town they did the show at in Kansas... They did allow cameras and camcorders. I took mine in and got both the backflips that Jon did. If i ever get a chance to upload the file i can PM it to you if you would like.

I would love that! Thank you! One of these days I'll be able to witness a freestyle event in person. Back flip or no back flip!!

wilkin250r
08-15-2006, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Wired
flips are no joke and i know that as a fact.

No way, they're easy. I do them all the time, but not on purpose... :blah: :macho

atvracinextra
08-15-2006, 05:49 AM
Jon,

I would personally like to say thanks to you guys for coming out. Also for signing my sons poster and he even caught one of the videos you guys through to the crowd. He loved the show even without the backflip.

cody anderson
08-15-2006, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Wired
wow i cant believe what im reading. first off i'd like to say im sorry for not riding at loretta's, i originally wasn't even suppose to be there but i thought i'd stop out and see what loretta's was like in person. then 2 days before i was suppose to leave i told some people i might flip down there if conditions were right. i was contracted to do a show this past sunday night in coffeyville ks and not at loretta's. Derek and Caleb were the only 2 riders that were suppose to do the demo there. Unfortunately it was muddy and with me being in this situation before i didnt want to risk getting hurt because last time i flipped in mud i landed on my back. still got the scars to prove it. and for people there saying i didnt give any explanations i think you only heard what you wanted to hear because i remember saying 5 times that it was too muddy and that conditions were unsafe on the microphone. im always safety first! flips are no joke and i know that as a fact. if the slightest thing is off it could be very risky so i decided not to flip. and for the people saying we're cocky... where the heck are you basing this off of? i talk to everyone that approaches me. i love meeting fans but im not the type of guy that walks around thinking im a huge star... i keep to myself most of the time BECAUSE i dont want to be portrayed as being cocky. well im in a hotel right now so i'll get back to this subject when i get home this weekend. man you guys are cruel, i try to do a good thing and get shot down for it. :(

I can confirm that Jon is the least cocky and and stuck up person that I know... Hell, admit it you guys, if YOU were out ther flipping... YOU would prolly be the cocky ones. Besides, look at the facts, Jon has flipped prolly over 200 times now... I think that he's got it down. So, with that said, don't you think that he'd go out there and bust a few out IF, I repeat, IF the conditions were right? Let me answer... Yep. So being that they WERE NOT safe, it's an acceptible condition not to flip, right?

Jon, see you in a couple days... Biatch.:scary:

By the way, give me a ring, I want to chat about a few things...

Pappy
08-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Now that Jon has replied, and did so in a nice fashion, I will be the one that tells those crying to go F yourself and if you can do it better then do it. If not, I repeat, go F yourself.

Good day